Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How will you guys race Gran Turismo 4, with the Holy Grail of steering wheels? The Logitech Driving Force Pro, or with a controller? Myself I want to try the steering wheel, but I have no idea on how to support it, I mean do I put it on a table or what, on my lap? How would you guys go about setting the wheel and pedals to a comfortable and most realistic position, without building a custom setup to hold it all.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Yeah I'm getting the wheel. Outpost has a deal for the wheel + GT4 all for 130 w/ rebate. So take the 50 off from the game and you are almost getting the wheel at half price.

As for supporting it I'm gonna use a desk. The lap thing on ebay looks pretty cool but at $80+ shipping isn't worth it I think.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
accord dude said:
Controler no other way dude the wheels that i have used before are crap. I will be infront of a 27in hd tv with JM Lab speakers and prosub.
Then you obviously haven't used the Logitech DFP...once you use that it will change your opinion on wheels. Period. If you can give it a chance.

I'm using wheel/prelude seat/27inch TV setup, basically similar to what you would see with an arcade setup, lol. Check my GT4 photogallery (sig) for a photo of my setup.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i only use no traction and stablity when using FR or MR or AWD cars that have less than 1000hp and it depends what course as well, i've tried drifitng F1 cars, it just doesn't work. But i was more curious on how you set up your wheel and pedals, like where you position it to drive. My ideal set would be like a 27" flat screen TV, with a real bucket seat, and the wheel and pedals set just like in a real car, that would be an awesome simulator.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
I really don't have any problem with the controller... I'd rather buy something for my car than spend $300+ building a little racing pod to play GT4 in.

It would be cool, but at this point, I can't find a good reason to spend the money.

~Peace

·
Registered
704 Posts
One of the greatest features of GT4 is that it utilizes the newer steering wheel making it a more realistic driving experience with the full 2.5 turns of rotation...this also gives the driver more precise steering...i could never figure out how anyone would turn partially with a controller, cuz as soon as u'd let off the turn, it would straighten out...also, i was able to build 2 setups for under $100...but that doesnt include a seat of any sort, simple a mounting location for the wheel + pedals...pics of my setup can be found in the other "setup" thread...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.