Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this is my first post here. i just started maintaining my girlfriends 1994 accord ex so i need a good site to find honda info. anyway

when the tach is below 3k it will move erractically and makin a clicking noise like there is something inhibiting the movement of the needle. anyone have any ideas about this? seems kinda weird to me. also her gas guage will read 1/4 tank for a really long time. i dont know if this is attributed to the shape of the tank as ive never driven a honda accord regularly. the car also never reaches full on the guage.

i just was wanting to hear some opinions before i pulled the guage cluster out.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
first of all welcome to superhonda :tu

second, even though i'm a staff member here, i drive an mr-s that has beaten many sr20 powered 240s on the road course ;)

anyways, try pulling the guage cluster apart and then pull the bottom part of the needle a little bit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UltraMagneticAL said:

second, even though i'm a staff member here, i drive an mr-s that has beaten many sr20 powered 240s on the road course ;)

anyways, try pulling the guage cluster apart and then pull the bottom part of the needle a little bit.
well im actually not SR powered. im KA24DET powered :D

well looks like ill be pulling the gauge cluster out ;)

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
good deal, well good luck and let us know if you come across any problems :tu

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
TwoForty said:
ok this is my first post here. i just started maintaining my girlfriends 1994 accord ex so i need a good site to find honda info. anyway

when the tach is below 3k it will move erractically and makin a clicking noise like there is something inhibiting the movement of the needle. anyone have any ideas about this? seems kinda weird to me. also her gas guage will read 1/4 tank for a really long time. i dont know if this is attributed to the shape of the tank as ive never driven a honda accord regularly. the car also never reaches full on the guage.

i just was wanting to hear some opinions before i pulled the guage cluster out.
Whoever had her car earlier fucked up the cluster, or jumped it off ramps or something man.
The gauge cluster itself is complete shit and you need to buy another one.
go to ebay and look for 94 accord cluster or 94 accord gauge or 94 accord instrument and get a gauge cluster.
Now, it doesnt matter if the cluster ( you are buying from ebay) is auto or manual. You dont need the whole shit.
When you recieve the new one (from the seller) you remove the gauges you need and swap them/transplant those individual gauges into the old (Beatdown cluster in question)....................... or to make it snappy and faster you just swap the speedometer gauge into the new one. Basically point is to keep the mileage on the car accurate so you keep the speedo in both cases. Lemme know what happens..............i've fucked up needles before and in all cases, they never made any noises, they jus simply did not work.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:

DO NOT PULL ON THE NEEDLE EVEN A LITTLE .. (i know this b/c I broke them before) the needle is only held on by a thin THIN peice of copper. Just touching it is almost enough to break off the needle and youll need a whole new gauge or cluster all together .. then your speed-o-metere will not be correct and that might be illegal (to switch to a cluster w. less miles).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TOP END MS said:
DO NOT PULL ON THE NEEDLE EVEN A LITTLE .. (i know this b/c I broke them before) the needle is only held on by a thin THIN peice of copper. Just touching it is almost enough to break off the needle and youll need a whole new gauge or cluster all together .. then your speed-o-metere will not be correct and that might be illegal (to switch to a cluster w. less miles).
i dont really have to worry about inspection. a friend of mine owns a shop so i get my cars inspected reguardless of their condition. plus dont see this car being sold in the near future.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
i've never had any problems on pulling on the needle at all....in any car. just don't be stupid and yank it :idiots :lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts