Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy the tachometer and speedometer for a 99-00 SI to replace my EX guages. I have replaced my fuel and temp guage before. I want to know if the new one will just screw right in and work no problem.

The reason I want to do this is for when I put an SI engine in I want an accurate redline and mph.

I don't want to buy a whole new clusterr if at all possible.

HELP PLEASE!

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
It's not gonna be accurate b/c your current tach only goes up to 8000rpm.. The Si's tach goes to 9000 or 9500 I think.. Either way, it won't be accurate.. You'll need the whole cluster

·
Registered
271 Posts
actually i was thinking the same thing but listen to this. if lets say you had an indiglo for an si, obviouslyif you put it on a ex tach it wouldnt read accurately. but if he replaced the whole tach, i dont think it would matter becasue the si tack is (geared?s o to speak) to show accurate rpms no matter what engine? ya get what im trying to say? i have noc lue if im right though but i belevie it would work

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
cascivic said:
actually i was thinking the same thing but listen to this. if lets say you had an indiglo for an si, obviouslyif you put it on a ex tach it wouldnt read accurately. but if he replaced the whole tach, i dont think it would matter becasue the si tack is (geared?s o to speak) to show accurate rpms no matter what engine? ya get what im trying to say? i have noc lue if im right though but i belevie it would work
I know what you mean.. I would just think that it would be something internally that controls the RPM's on the cluster, and not the actual 'tach face' itself..

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
good luck trying to just by the tach gauge, you will probably end up having to buy the entire cluster. why would a junk yard guy just wanna sell one piece when he could sell the entire thing? the entire cluster costs about 100 or so bucks.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can get them from Honda like that.

Tachometer = $56
Speedometer = $65

It should be just adding an aftermarket guage for these purposes.

Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
romelo5179 said:
I can get them from Honda like that.

Tachometer = $56
Speedometer = $65

It should be just adding an aftermarket guage for these purposes.

Has anyone done this?
For the $111 it's gonna cost to buy those, why not just buy a new cluster?? It's gonna look weird anyway if you don't get the new Gas/temp gauge too.. Because the others will be amber, and that will be white..

·
Banned
638 Posts
here's what I'm saying, he just wants the faces, but his whole fo shizzy will be off. LOOK
here is a Ex cluster

and here is an Si

so till you get your Si engine but in yor Ex will be off on speed and rpms. Cause where the Ex's 120 is the Si is 115, and your rpms will be way off wack. So just wait till you get the Si then start fuckin around with it.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
RageAgainstNate said:
here's what I'm saying, he just wants the faces, but his whole fo shizzy will be off. LOOK
here is a Ex cluster

and here is an Si

so till you get your Si engine but in yor Ex will be off on speed and rpms. Cause where the Ex's 120 is the Si is 115, and your rpms will be way off wack. So just wait till you get the Si then start fuckin around with it.
Sure, go ahead.. you can use the picture of my gauges.. don't worry about it.. haha j/k :p :p

·
Banned
638 Posts
97CIVICoupe said:

Sure, go ahead.. you can use the picture of my gauges.. don't worry about it.. haha j/k :p :p
nice INDI-GAYS, you big fruit:p

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
RageAgainstNate said:

nice INDI-GAYS, you big fruit:p
hahaha.. They're no longer in the car... I realized how much I hated them and took them out..

Anyone wanna buy em?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.