Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
or u could bore you throttle body. i did mine with a small diamiter sander going around is circles and it looks like shit but you could use something else like a huge circular drill and get it square or have some one do it. o yeah i hear on some tb the ecu can't adapt yeah that it, when i did it the ecu threw a tps code, but the thing is i took the tb apart and i'm pretty sure the tps was broke,

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
didn't i just say the same thing these guys just answered?

i'll say it again... 70mm is throwing money away. get a b18a/b throttle body and put it on your stock d16y8 intake manifold. it's one of the best combos for a street driven motor you could ask for.

·
Registered
471 Posts
ok, are you guy's saying it's to big cause the motor isn't heavly moded or what cause i thought more air is good? if he did go with the 70mm tb he could port match the im and have his car run like a champ, air/fuel ratio might be lean, so look in to fuel mods, then he'd really run like a champ.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so you guys are saying that the 70mm tb would be to big for a fully heavily modded sohc vtec civic with zc pistons ?

i have like everyhting on the motor, cam, all the usual bolt ons, fuel pressure regulator and everyhting 2much 2 name, just no turbo or nitrous

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
5gencivic said:
the point is that you'll be killing intake velocity by using such a large throttle body.
your motor will have a hard time out flowing a 62 or even 66mm throttle body.
exactly.

think about it like this. your engine is a pump. It SUCKS air into it. The IM, TB, Intake is like a straw. Now imagine trying to drink something using a coffee straw... Its too small, so its hard to drink. Now get a regular sized mcdonalds straw. Its just right, It can flow liquids as fast as you can drink it. Now, cut a piece of garden hose and use it for a straw. Its too big, you can't get enough suction to drink with it.

bigger isn't always better.

60-62mm is probably the biggest that any of us will ever need in our 1.6L engines.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
guest said:
ok, are you guy's saying it's to big cause the motor isn't heavly moded or what cause i thought more air is good? if he did go with the 70mm tb he could port match the im and have his car run like a champ, air/fuel ratio might be lean, so look in to fuel mods, then he'd really run like a champ.
my motor will be heavily modded when im finished with it, it already have all the peices just to pyut it together now, i have a d16y8 head and high compression zc pistons and port and polish head and a zex cam and an obx intake manifold, 7lb flywheel, stage 2 clutch, and 70mm throttle body which im contemplating putting on now so if i have every mod and zc pistons i still wouldnt be able to use this 70mm ? what kind of application is it for then turbo ? and how much do they sell for ? it came from gude

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.