Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
well... Gude claims that their head kit produces 60% more power over stock, I dunno about that, but thay seem like thay have good quality products, I am going to order the head kit for my miata soon, so I do have faith in Gude a little bit, I dont think that you will regret the investment.
are you just getting the camshaft? how much?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also saw how you get more power gains from 6000-8000 rpm's or whatever which means I would have to get rid of my rev limiter, correct? To be very honest I think putting anymore than $10 into a D16 is a complete waste of money. I'll stick to saving up for my b18a and turbo that puppy to 600 hp

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would steer clear of gude products. I had 2 of their cams, and they were reground stock units. that and they wore very quickly and unevenly. I wish I still had pictures of them to show you. do a head swap, you'll be much happier!

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
RockinthEFhatch said:
I think putting anymore than $10 into a D16 is a complete waste of money. I'll stick to saving up for my b18a and turbo that puppy to 600 hp
not worth it? how much do you think i spent on mine? beating bolt on gsrs i cant complain.

·
Registered
11 Posts
waste of money...patience grasshopper

RockinthEFhatch said:
I also saw how you get more power gains from 6000-8000 rpm's or whatever which means I would have to get rid of my rev limiter, correct? To be very honest I think putting anymore than $10 into a D16 is a complete waste of money. I'll stick to saving up for my b18a and turbo that puppy to 600 hp
this is a case of B series bad ass. look u can save for that turbo b18 but ive had two dseries stompers. an all motor d16 frankenstein that ran 12.96 and a newly built d16z6 turbo that drops 340hp @ 10psi lil over 400 @ 15psi havent taken to the track but im sure itll run sum numbers and run any bseries round me. ive had a turbo h22 crx, all motor b16 delsol and all motor crx and i loke the dseries for power and they are reliable. not bashin you jus sayin watch for the underdog and d16's have feelings too yo
lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
I second that. The d series is a great reliable motor to build and a new block is cheap if you blow it up. I've seen plenty of high HP D's. Plus the B-series guys always THINK they can beat you. But back to the real subject I have heard a lot of bad things about gude, and only a few good things. Web and crane also make cams for the A6. I believe cat cams also makes cams for it too. I was looking into a cam for mine a while back and those are what I found. I never ended up buying one though, ran out of money! :(

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
bikedr85 said:
I second that. The d series is a great reliable motor to build and a new block is cheap if you blow it up. I've seen plenty of high HP D's. Plus the B-series guys always THINK they can beat you. But back to the real subject I have heard a lot of bad things about gude, and only a few good things. Web and crane also make cams for the A6. I believe cat cams also makes cams for it too. I was looking into a cam for mine a while back and those are what I found. I never ended up buying one though, ran out of money! :(

if on a budget a d series turbo would be a great way to make power...when i buy my civic i will go d series turbo first to get some little gains then start saving for a b series swap...possibly a b20/vtec when i go to my engine school in about a year from now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts