Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im doing some body work on my car..i am a newb...i have some dents and rust that i am fixing. i am sanding down to metal to lay the body filler. im sanding and sanding till it feels smooth and so that i have no rough edges from the paint to filler. my question is..if i dont need to primer (because i am using rustoleum paint) then what method do i use to know that i dont have any high and low spots in my filler. or should i just primer the spots that i have used filler on and then use a guide coat? that leads to my next question. i no that i can use any darker paint for my guide coat but how do i spray the guide coat? i no i just mist it but how is that letting me get an even amount of guide coat to see where my high and low spots are? im just a little confused and i need some help..thank u:)

· Registered
39,372 Posts
you can spray a light coat of primer on the areas that you are working on so that the color is uniform. this will allow you see the high and low spots more easily rather than the finer peaks and valleys being hidden by a mix of colors.

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im having some trouble..im sanding the bondo super thin. just enough to cover the the spot that i am trying to fix..its only little rust pits.i sanded down to metal..cleaned it..layed the bondo..sanded super thin and super smooth and its even...i go to put filler primer on and u can see every bondo spot..i dont understand what i am doing wrong :-/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.