Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend left it up to me to lower his 98 Accord 4cy sedan. I got him a set of 17's and now I think it's time to lower. I'm thinking of going with H&R OE sport springs that should lower just under an inch because I don't think my friend wants to cough up money for shocks and a camber kit. What do you guys think? Can he get away with the sport kit without aftermarket shocks and camber kit? If anyone has the Neuspeed Sofsports or H&R OE soprt springs, please give some feedback. Thanks

· Registered
158 Posts
maximizese said:
My friend left it up to me to lower his 98 Accord 4cy sedan. I got him a set of 17's and now I think it's time to lower. I'm thinking of going with H&R OE sport springs that should lower just under an inch because I don't think my friend wants to cough up money for shocks and a camber kit. What do you guys think? Can he get away with the sport kit without aftermarket shocks and camber kit? If anyone has the Neuspeed Sofsports or H&R OE soprt springs, please give some feedback. Thanks
Yep, no need for aftermarket shocks(initially) and camber kit with the H&R OEs. I ran mine with stock shocks for 23,000 miles, and the stock shocks were still good, but I upgraded anyway later on. Pics and a scan of my alignment stats can be seen by clicking on the link in my sig. It's under "My Accord - Part 2".

· Registered
103 Posts
well is the purpose of lowering his car to make his car look better or for stiffer, more sporty ridE? Because the OE springs, IMO, look basically stock....I have neuspeed sports and still riding on stock shocks (1 year) and the ride is somewhat bouncy but only on dips on the road, other than that its fine however I did fork over money for a rear camber kit

· Registered
49 Posts
2000 V6 Sedan, H&R OE Springs with stock shocks put on at 18,000 miles. I love the ride still at 56,000 miles. The only thing about the set up is it didn't lower it quite enough for "looks" in the front... but, it'll do for now..

· Registered
50 Posts
in my opinion, i think with pro kits, they say you don't need camber kit or shocks but in the long run you will need them, at least shocks. like in my case, when i first bought my pro kits the ride was very nice and stiff, but over time the stock shocks got really soft, and the camber in the rear is really off. like -2.0. i haven't gotten shocks yet so right now, my ride is very bouncy, i have a post about the camber problem and such so check that out. so if i were you and intend on getting a drop with pro kits, just get shocks with the springs and you will save alot of headache and you can get both of them installed at the same time instead of paying more for installation later on for your shocks.

just my $0.02

· Registered
1,227 Posts
Re: maximizese...

FyrCom said:
Here is a couple pics.. not very good though and hopefully they show up from Webshots... if not, cut and paste the url to your browser...
those look a lot lower than i thought they would. that's w/ a >1" drop? your car looks lower than a lot i've seen w/ a pro-kit or similar drops.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks great to me!

I think this is exactly what my friend and I want. I'm going to do the same setup on my sister's 90 Accord. It doesn't look low, but it looks like a sweet stock car. Above all, performance will improve without a dip in the ride comfort.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.