Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much are they for our cars?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
divinewisdom said:
damn thats cheap...is there a catch? has anyone ordered from them? is there like a $50 hipping and handling fee?
i just looked on there again and the price has dropped since the last time i looked at it, its $140 now. i calculated how much shipping would be to me and it was $35. thats to the east coast so you cali people would probably get a lower shipping quote than that.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Try www.shox.com They sell it for $189. But if you find another price that's lower, they'll either beat it or match it. The best I've seen H&R Sports go for online was from www.maccar.com They sell it for $139.95 All you have to do is call shox.com up and tell them you saw a lower advertised price and they'll give it to you. Also, from what I've heard and from my own experience, shox.com is a very good company to order from. And if you find a price lower than maccar, just let them know, they'll beat it as well. The only thing is that the price has to be printed somewhere for them to see.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ey if i purchase springs rite now...but just keep them for a lil while and not install them for like 4 months...it wont matter righte..hold on wat am i saying...hha jus a lil insecure about it...how about intakes..if i get one now and not install it until like 7 months later
will it have an effect on it...like dust haha iono im a newbie

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
3.0 said:
ey if i purchase springs rite now...but just keep them for a lil while and not install them for like 4 months...it wont matter righte..hold on wat am i saying...hha jus a lil insecure about it...how about intakes..if i get one now and not install it until like 7 months later
will it have an effect on it...like dust haha iono im a newbie
uhhh...no.:D they'll be fine. but i dont know why you would want to buy an intake now when a whole bunch of people will be selling theirs in a couple months when the CT icebox comes out.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
uhhh...no. they'll be fine. but i dont know why you would want to buy an intake now when a whole bunch of people will be selling theirs in a couple months when the CT icebox comes out.
how much will the comptech icebox be?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how much drop do the h&r sport give again?
1.75 front and 1.5 rear? is dat correct?
will i need aftermarket shocks with these and camber? if i do wat kinds go well with H&R. tokico illuminas?

overall the H&R sport springs are good right. because im planning to get those even if i dont install them yet because i have the money..
thanks for help

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What is the big difference between Tokico Illuminas which are around 400 something for all four and the Tokico Blues which go for about 200 something. thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
For the drop, it should be around 1.7-1.5 for the front and 1.5-1.2 for the rear. Camber kit shouldn't be necessary, but that sometimes depends on the car. I've heard of people having camber problems with a Pro-kit drop(1.5")
Tokico illuminas or blues will work fine in my opinion. Most people will probably say go for the illuminas. The difference between the two is that the illuminas are 5-way ride adjustable, hence the added cost.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wat does the 5-way adjustable thing mean. i know that you can change height,but if u are jus planning to keep car at the drop of the springs and jus want aftermarket shocks which are RELIABLE and wont blow out. den is the blues coo? the 5 way adjustable has no extra handling right..so the blues and illuminas are the same in performance but its jus teh height adjustability then? thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
80 Posts
5-way adjustable means RIDE adjustable, not height adjustable. Meaning, you can change the shocks to be firm or soft depending on your taste. If you have no need for that, then yes, Blues will do just fine. Just don't drop more than 1.7" on the blues, they weren't meant to handle a huge drop.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so h&r sport spring + tokico blues = reliability and performance?

thanks for all ur help guys..planning to get teh h&r in about a week.. found out a place selling them for $140.

alos...for front tower struts? wats some good brands?

haha thanks again

1 - 20 of 30 Posts