Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm debating on whether to install my H&R Sport springs and KYB AGX shocks on my 00Si now while I have the next couple days off or waiting until after I have my car serviced by Honda. My catalytic converter went bad and Honda is replacing it under warranty. However, the cat is on back order so I have to wait a week or two still before it comes in so I can get it replaced.

Should I install my springs and shocks now? How low is too low for a mechanic to put on a lift? I had a 96 Eclipse before that I lowered 2.5 inches and I had to put blocks of wood under the tires because the car was too low to get off the lift.

Anyone had any problem taking a lowered car in for service at a dealer or mechanic?

· Registered
888 Posts
i say let your car to be serviced and install the suspension after that. most of the dealers are pain in the a$$ when it come to warranty. they'll say your too low that why you messed up your cat.

· Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I took it into Honda the first time, all I had on it was an AEM CAI. Everything else is stock.

I'm just worried that if I bring it in lowered, that they might not touch it because I modified the suspension and they can't work on it for whatever reason.

I have less than a 1000 miles left on the warranty. So after that I guess I can pretty much let loose. I just don't want to do anything that would make Honda turn me away.

· Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I knew there had to be SOMEONE out there who has an upgraded/lowered suspension who had no problems taking their car into Honda for service.

· Registered
12,727 Posts
I have race springs and have brought mine in numerous times.....they haven't said a thing...and I also am running a CAI, pullies, test pipe, cat back exhaust...and all the suspension goodies.

· Registered
1,142 Posts
the local honda dearler in lafayette, in can't do alignments on a lowered car. i think only firestone can... lol how about that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.