Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting the H & R OE Sport set and I was just wondering if anyone has or has owned them. The drop is only 3/4in but I dont' want anything lower. I just got ahold of a set of Si wheels(I own a 99 Ex) so I want to clean up the gap a little bit...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
GhostRider said:
other than eibach, i believe those are the highest quality springs out there, but i'd go with AT LEAST a 1.5-1.75"
ghost
I thought about going lower but I don't feel like dodging these high ass speedbumps in my complex.. actually, I can't dodge them, Ihave to pass over at least two.. and they are big

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
PapaPark said:

I thought about going lower but I don't feel like dodging these high ass speedbumps in my complex.. actually, I can't dodge them, Ihave to pass over at least two.. and they are big
I can pass over ANY speedbump with my Sports.

Trust me when I say this! ...You might as well not drop it if only going 3/4"

Still going to have MAD gaps!!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
dwnthehatch said:
I have a 1.5" drop and the gap is still pretty noticable. THIS PLACE has a group buy on Neuspeed springs for $137.50 including S&H. I was told H&R makes Neuspeed Springs.
If you don't mins 2 fingers in the front and 1 in the rear, get the sports!

The ride is sooooooooooooooo damn smooth, just not an even looking drop at times!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Listen to me, if u dont ur stupid :D Get coilovers !!!!! adjust them to the perfect height so u can get over those speedbumps. My car is lowered 1.5" and I get over every big speed bump out there. 3/4" is nothing. So in conclusion get something like groundcontrol coilovers, or if u can afford them get the whole coilover kit (Zeal or Axas !!!! Both Kick Ass).

I have had coilovers in the past and they Rock - I got temporary H&R spring in there right now (plain springs suck - give u an uneven lowering job - get COILOVERS boooooooy !!!)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I never said 1.5" is low biiiiiiiiiitch. By the way, when u got a full body kit on, itz pretty hard slamming ur car 2.25" and driving around over bumps and into driveways. But I agree with ya, ur taste will change, so get coilovers.

·
Registered
526 Posts
i got H&R springs, dropped 1.5 in the front and 1.7 in the back i think. left me with about a 1 finger gap all around and i can still make it over fairly large speedbumps...some of them i have to go at angles though. i think they are good springs...but like somebody else said, a 3/4 drop is gonna be nothing. i'm gonna get coilovers soon because my friend got the hookups, probably getting JIC Magic. just doing a little more research on them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
coilovers aren't a bad idea, but someone told me it's a pain to go around and adjust them if you feel like changing the height of your ride...

do you need a camber kit for coilovers?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
PapaPark said:
coilovers aren't a bad idea, but someone told me it's a pain to go around and adjust them if you feel like changing the height of your ride...

do you need a camber kit for coilovers?
You just have to jack each corner up. You will need a camber kit if you drop the car more than 1.5"
I can't say how long it takes to change each corner, but I heard it's simple.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts