Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was coming home from eating at Jack in the Box (which was given to us as a gift from Jesus himself), and I was sitting at the main intersection in my city on Friday night. Its about 11:30, no one on the road, and I was with one of my boys. Two cars pull up beside me and are talking to each other, then the guy in the one closest to me leans out the window and says, "Hey man, why don't you get that piece of shit off the road until you can afford a real car." He was driving an Acura 3.0 CL 5 spd. that looked really nice and obviously had a lot invested in it. However, my car is very clean and in great condition. Stock outside, nothing more than a normal Accord.

Well this really pissed me off, so I had two options:
1. Get out and beat his ass. Couldn't do this, he had a passenger and the car beside him had at least 3 people in it too, and I don't really trust the guy that was with me enough to throw down with him. Plus, how practical is that?

2. Race his ass. Which is what I did. So if you want to stop reading and call me a ricer, do so now.

Anyway, so the light turns green after a couple of minutes of him revving up and laughing at my car, so we both gun it. We are pretty close through first, then I began to pull him in second, and by the time I hit 65, I was about a car and a half ahead of him. I let off at this time because that was the speed limit. All I could tell that he had was an exhaust, and I have no idea if he had anything else done to it because I have no idea if they are supposed to be fast. Anyway, at the next light he won't even look at me and turns off on another road. I felt pretty good about the ol Honda :D

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
nice kill. i wouldve put my money on the CL.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
i woulda bet on the accord

honda's 3.0 v6 isnt exactly fast, and certainly not in a CL... although if it was a stick shift then it wasnt a 3.0 and it wasnt a 5-speed... if it was for sure a stick shift, then it was a 3.2 CL type-S with a 6-speed. if this was the case i wouldve put money on the CL...

but as your story goes, your win doesnt suprise me

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
If it was a 5 speed it was a 2.2 CL, they're ok, but no match for an H22 with their whopping 145hp and 147lb-ft in a 3000lb package. As was said the only other manual is the CL-S 6 speed, and those are pretty quick. If it was a 3.0CL then it's pretty much an accord V6 with a much more sexy body, and those are only auto with 200hp and 195-ft(J30A1 motor, exact same thing as 6g accords with the same POS tranny)

Good kill none the less. That's a tough call, the only thing worse than embarrassing him in front of his homies would have been beating his ass in front of his homies.

I hate people like that, I had a pair of goons in an early 90s GS300 do pretty much the same crap to me when I had the accord. They tried to pull on me and I put them in their place, but at the next light they tried the "but this is a lexus", I sat up and looked around in their interior and my only retort was.... "damn I'm glad I got the accord instead of two of those for the same price, that thing looks like crap" Their only response was "yeah, but it's still a lexus" I just rolled my eyes and waited for them to go when the light turned and of course they nailed it, so I nailed it and did my lazy man pass, I put my arm on window, rested my chin on my palm like I was reading a book or something as I passed them. Yeah the AV6 wasn't that quick, but it was pretty nice making the two goons look like chumps not once, but twice :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha thanks guys, yeah I was scared to speed and get another ticket :( Anyway, yeah I normally don't do stuff like that but damn I couldn't help my self. I was almost certain that it was a 5 speed, but I saw the 3.0 CL emblem on the trunk of the car so I guess he was just trying to make it look like a 5 speed :rolleyes He tried to race me again at the next 3 stop lights but I thought it was useless to race the same car again and again, especially on the road where people and/or cops could be waiting. I hope to take my car to the track in the next few weeks and see what it runs. We only have 1/8 tracks here though :cry

·
Registered
772 Posts
those types of people are idiots. good kill man.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.