Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering is there anyone that could give me some specs on:

accord with h22
accord with h22 w/turbo
accord with f22
accord with f22 w/turbo

could someone please give me some estimates on hp, torque, price and maybe 1/8 times? Oh yeah, it's going in a 94 accord 4dr 5-speed

just curious, if no one knows then don't worry about it.

thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
94HondaAccordEX said:
I was wondering is there anyone that could give me some specs on:

accord with h22
accord with h22 w/turbo
accord with f22
accord with f22 w/turbo

could someone please give me some estimates on hp, torque, price and maybe 1/8 times? Oh yeah, it's going in a 94 accord 4dr 5-speed

just curious, if no one knows then don't worry about it.

thanks
h22 has about 170 whp
f22 has 120 whp

estimate whp above but probably around there

as for /w turbo..it depends on what kind of turbo, amount of boost, engine mods...etc

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Fulgore243 said:
MMM.... I thought the F22 has 145 hp. At least, mine is supposed to. Or is that only the VTEC models? :confused:
only EX's do, and that's flywheel hp, not to the wheels, like he was saying. Like sho akkord said...more details. Are they stock internals and running the same boost? Is the F22 running slightly more boost?

·
Registered
78 Posts
h22 0wnz f22. equal mods and drivers the h22 will win. drive a h22 5th gen accord right and you will be in mid 14's. dont waste your time with a f22

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
a turbo f22 will eat an h22 any given day on the week, even given a bad driver. The f22 is a boost whore and can survive track days at 15 psi and daily driver at 13 on a stock block. Imagine over 250 hp and ft lbs torque at the wheel. no h22 will give you that for the money.

·
Registered
78 Posts
or you can run 8lb boost on a h22 and get over 280hp...... either way...

yeah the h22 is more inital investment but you start with more and end with more.

and who needs boost..... gimmie a h22 and 2500 bux and ill run mid 13's all motor... mill the piss out the head, itb's and some hondata. and i guarentee my allmotor 13 sec h22 will last longer than a shit box f22 on 15psi

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
you'll spend WAY more than 2500 to run 13s all motor. Give me the money spent on an h22 then 2500 for new pistons, rods, and sleeving, and I'll enjoy my 300+hp monster.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
cryogen97 said:
you'll spend WAY more than 2500 to run 13s all motor. Give me the money spent on an h22 then 2500 for new pistons, rods, and sleeving, and I'll enjoy my 300+hp monster.
Exactly. Wadzii, go in the lude forum and see how many people are running 13's. Only a few, and they either have turbo, or nitrous. There are a few with 4th gens and JDM H22's running lower 14's, but that's pretty rare. I/H/E is about 1k. So basically you only have 1500 bucks left to get your car running 13's, good luck :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
ok, let see.... i got a h22 in a 94 coupe... that has the potential to run 14.5 with i/h/e

header 300 bux
exhaust custom made by me 200
intake, 2 twm 2bb itb's with all the parts 1200
custom intake manifold made by me 100 bux
milled head 150 bux
new headgasket 70
hondata stage 2 with p28 350

total 2370 and it will run 13's and put down 220+hp

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
well, seeing that an accord hybrid runs low 15s, that list of stuff should plant you solid 14.5

·
Registered
247 Posts
boosting an h22 is not fun...high stock compression = more problems than boosting f22...

all motor h22....will cost A LOT MORE than f22 turbo...f22 turbo will eat up an all motor h22...if given the same amount of money on both....

/w the money you spend on the h22 swap...you can build the f22....and the extra 2500 you say for the all motor stuff...that is way more than what you need for a turbo setup...

how much ive spent on my jdm f22b, tranny, ecu and turbo setup and stand alone fuel mgmt...is about the same or less than an h22 swap...granted i havent put it in yet b/c labor for an auto to 5speed pushes up costs...so soon i will be runnin 7psi daily driven on a semi-built engine gettin around 200 whp....now give me that extra 2500 and ill boost 1 bar or even more....

·
Registered
78 Posts
cryogen97 said:
well, seeing that an accord hybrid runs low 15s, that list of stuff should plant you solid 14.5
um...... what accord hybrid you got that runs low 15's

there are a number of 4th and 5th gen hybrids on ************ that run mid 14's. hell i ran a 15.0 wiht my h22/auto in my accord.

a jdm h22 with some boltons tuned with just a vafc will put down around 180-185hp. an untuned h22 with a milled head put and some boltons no cam gears and no vafc put down 195hp local..... figger 205-210 tuned properly. itb's will add around 20-45hp. so thats 225-255hp

lol, look they wont let me say ************ thats funny

·
Registered
204 Posts
oops

A turbo built F22 will beat a turbo stock H22. The thing about building up a F22 to handle 15psi is the tuning. You'd have to do a lot more tuning running that amount of boost, then you would if you turboed the H22. You could also get pretty decent results of the stock internals of the H22. I have an F22 and I would love ro run 15 psi, but I dont feel like spending money for an new ECU and spending money for increased tuning.

·
Registered
78 Posts
no turbo car is compete with out a good standalone engine management.

tuning a h22 vs tuning a f22 is no big deal if you know what you are doing. fmu's and big fuel pumps are a bandaid fix. with large injectors, and a standalone you can put down up to 300hp on most honda fuel pumps.

tuning is the key to making reliable power on anymotor

1 - 15 of 15 Posts