Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering if I am the only one who has been experiencing this. I have changed axles already 2x in one year and I'm starting to hear the cracking when I turn AGAIN :mad I've heard that the H22 is notorious for ripping apart axles when in hatchs or any other civics but should it be doing it like this in the prelude. I'm really getting sick of my axle making noises every couple of months. I've heard something about some 400hp capable axles and I'm seriously thinking about getting them

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
JDMaccord2k said:
I'm just wondering if I am the only one who has been experiencing this. I have changed axles already 2x in one year and I'm starting to hear the cracking when I turn AGAIN :mad I've heard that the H22 is notorious for ripping apart axles when in hatchs or any other civics but should it be doing it like this in the prelude. I'm really getting sick of my axle making noises every couple of months. I've heard something about some 400hp capable axles and I'm seriously thinking about getting them
last year, having an 11yo car they started to make noises so i changed them for 1st time and no problems yet.

·
Registered
866 Posts
What the hell are you doing to your car to be going through axles that quickly? WOT launching on slicks? :rolleyes Are you sure you're installing them right? What brand are you getting?

If you want Driveshaftshop.com sells some good axles.

·
Registered
123 Posts
JDMaccord2k said:
I have changed axles already 2x in one year and I'm starting to hear the cracking when I turn AGAIN :mad ... I'm really getting sick of my axle making noises every couple of months.
What do you mean, cracking noise? Do you also feel it in the steering wheel?
When you turn both ways?

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
since you have problems, use Autozone ones that have a lifetime guarantee.

·
Registered
95 Posts
There is no point in gettin new axles from Autozone because you have to keep getting new ones. because there nothing but cheap used ones. :bash

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
the-big-lude said:
There is no point in gettin new axles from Autozone because you have to keep getting new ones. because there nothing but cheap used ones. :bash
yeah and replacements are free b/c of the lifetime gaurantee.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Ive only had a problem with the boot tearing. I think its due to the fact the the car is lowered and the boot rubs against itself. But no mechanical problems. :eek:

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I bought my prelude with 130K on it, owned it for 55K miles (to 185K), ran nitrous on it often, put it through hell on numerous occasions with rough launches and off-the-line nitrous shots...

and never changed or fucked up the axles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.