Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 857 Posts
I know torque is what gets you off the line but to go to school i don't need to fly off the line so for daily driving i can care less its when i go to china town for the weekend to smoke those suckers.

Does anyone know the differences between the US version and the JDM versions? I have heard that swapping in a JDM engine is more difficule because different things like sensors are different which would make the US part not able to fit. I also have heard that wiring the engine in is more difficult since it was installed into a right hand drive car.

Does anyone know if this is true?

i have a 93 jdm h22a in m2 92 lx wagon...
the wiring is diff, but the sensors are the same as US...basically you can go and get a US h22 harness...but most people will take thei accord harness and modify it with parts from the jdm h22 harness to fit their car. this entails adding 5 wires and a few plugs to make it work.
DONT waste your money on a place racing harness. the one that is in my car sucks ass.

Engine

Your info. is very much appreciated. I need to know some information. I wanted to know if you can help me find a certain engine that I have had my eye on for a long time. Do you know where I can find an Accord Type-R engine? I would also like to know if you know the specifc specs that this engine would put out? For example Hp, Torque, and if you know at what Rpm this car would redline at? I was told that this specific engine is named h22a4, is that true? If you also know how much this engine will cost I would appreciate it. I thank you ahead of time, this is the essential part that i need to put my dream car together.

gzagzagzagzagzagzagzagzagzagzagzagzagzagzagzagzagzagzagzagzagzaSHOUT OUT TO ALL MY ACCORD RIDAZZZgzagzagzagza

:ken:

the h22a4 is a US market 1997 and newer prelude engine.
the accord type-r has an h22a engine...it would be identical to any OBD2 Japanese market h22a...200hp at 7200rpm redline around 7500-7800, max torque around 156-160 lb/ft...
however if you are referring to the engine found in the Accord SiR then it has the F20B which is a dual overhead cam vtec 2 liter engine, it also puts out 200 hp, but has less torque than an h22...cost on those is about $3200 and up...

Type-R engine

Thanks for replying so quickly. I wanted to know if you know where i can get one of those engines, and if you can refer me to anyone or any company? The engine that I am after is the Euro Accord Type-R motor. I need to find a place that would supply this engine so that i can get it. I appreciate the help.

:ryu: :ken:

Re: Type-R engine

Gza said:
Thanks for replying so quickly. I wanted to know if you know where i can get one of those engines, and if you can refer me to anyone or any company? The engine that I am after is the Euro Accord Type-R motor. I need to find a place that would supply this engine so that i can get it. I appreciate the help.

:ryu: :ken:
That would be about the same as getting any JDM h22 swap. I know a great place that is definately reliable. Email me if you want it.

TypeSH@mindspring.com

you can use an accord CAI or a Prelude CAI.
the accord one is slightly smaller than the throttle body of th prelude though...i went ahead and ditched me accord cai and put a prelude one in...

v4lu3s said:
the h22a4 is a US market 1997 and newer prelude engine.
the accord type-r has an h22a engine...it would be identical to any OBD2 Japanese market h22a...200hp at 7200rpm redline around 7500-7800, max torque around 156-160 lb/ft...
The (UK) ATR comes with a H22A7 engine, 209bhp @7200rpm, 215Nm@6700rpm (sorry, don't know what that is in lb/ft!)

The (UK) ATR comes with a H22A7 engine, 209bhp @7200rpm, 215Nm@6700rpm (sorry, don't know what that is in lb/ft!)
thanks, i didnt know there was that much a diff :)

wouldnt i be using the throttle body of an accord?
if you install a prelude engine you use the prelude throttle body. there is no point to putting a smaller throttle body on a more powerful engine.

you can get an F20B from jdmclub.com. I want the F20B cause i want my accord to be as jdm as possible. plus, how many people do you know with a swap other than an H22/H23???(in there accord that is)

just some history on the F20B. its just a redesign of the H22, same block, just different size head and cc. The s2K's F20C is nothing more than the F20B, but the crank turns in the oppsite direction. (rear wheel drive) The s2K is just tuned for higher hp and of course, tq.

i know i'm a newbie but i know a little ;)

I'll be doing a h22 tranny swap in just a few weeks here, still trying to find one. The reason why I went with only the tranny is becuase the h22 motor only gives 50hp more. Where if you added the tranny and the turbo for the same price you get 230-240hp at the wheels. So thats the stage im at now, will start taking pics soon. If i do change my mind i'll just do the complete swap.

Thanks! Is there a website or somewhere that discusses the f20b? i need to know all about it, like US aftermarket parts that are compatible with the f20b. I need to know what I am getting into before I do it. Thanks.

the accord cai fits...but it is smaller than the bore of the throttle body of the prelude. you can literall slide the accord cai INTO the prelude throttle body...
i got a prelude CAI when i saw that...

41 - 60 of 857 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.