1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks to seth at http://www.quartersportsdrag.com

needed for this swap:

H22 or F22 longblock and its components
H2b Adapter plate Kit (www.quartersportsdrag.com)
B-series transmission
B-series axels
B-series mounts
B-series starter
B-series slave cylinder
B-series clutch
B-series ALUMINUM flywheel
4 OEM Honda alignment dowels

NOT REQUIRED but definately something to consider:
-Better cooling system, either an aftermarket aluminum dual core radiator or a del sol VTEC radiator will work
-Aftermarket mounts for a b-series motor
-Using a chipped p28 instead of a prelude's p13; P28 does not look for a knock sensor or egr system which I hear is a major pain in the ass to do up
-Removal of balance shafts (i did not do this but many other H2b'ers have) will require a freeze plug to keep oil from spurting out. They can be found here: http://www.kaizenspeed.com/.
-Alternator relocation kit. http://www.explicitspeedperformance.net offers many different options and has kits for OEM spec or for those who have removed their pulley thing,,
-Machining off the Power steering pulley. To create a bit more room, I had the P/S pulley machined off of my crank pulley.

Just thought I'd post some pics up of how my install went for all who are contemplating this swap

Aluminum Flywheel with the aluminum spacer that is included in the kit.

exedy clutch goes on as if it were just a plain old b series swap

The plate is attached first with 4 countersunk bolts that you need an 8mm hex to tighten. They're on the top and right side of the plate (2 and 2)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

The tranny was a bit of a pain in the ass to put on with the 2 dowel pins in the block and 2 in the tranny... This part is definately a two person job. One person held the block and guided the tranny on making sure the bolt for the starter gets lined up while the other used their big strong muscles to lift the tranny up and push it on...

Ah, everyone's favorite part: grindin down the backside of your motor... I was surprised by how far in you actually have to grind, almost right down to the oil pan bolts... Don't forget your gasket sealer afterwards :thumbup:

A shot of the back of the motor with the intermediate shaft and the adapter bracket for it..

I decided to keep the balance shaft assembly in tact but removed the belt and tensioner. The lower timing belt cover was reinstalled with a slight trim on the top. The power steering pulley has to be machined down so it'll fit.

·
Registered
78 Posts
WOW!!! very nice project im much impressed. and you can rock the p28 check out phearable.net. Are you married cuz i think im in love!!! :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well just got my motor on .... Friday.. still waitin on my innovative mounts and a few other misc parts that should be here on Thursday

from that to...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and i pulled apart the old block

turns out the bearing wasn't spun but extremely worn and bronzey in color

and the cranks journals are all scratched up

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
did this swap ever get completed? I want more info!!!! I'm sure it has, but it's always nice to know for sure. Should have posted this up in the sol forum. Those guys would have been all over this stuff. :clap

·
Registered
86 Posts
amy del sol said:
and i pulled apart the old block

turns out the bearing wasn't spun but extremely worn and bronzey in color

and the cranks journals are all scratched up
Whew! Good to hear they didn't spin, but still they caused some damage.

Great job on the swap! How is the motor holding up? What about your axles? Any issues with stock axles?

·
Registered
3 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!!! I Didnt even know that was possible! But then again im a noob lol! But no really that car must move like a freakin champion i would love to see the car run!! WOW!!!

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Please refrain from grave digging, and maybe it's better for you if you stay out of the GRG.;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts