Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have done the swap so far? Which model would make the swap easiest, EX? If it doesn't matter I would rather get a DX because of its light weight. I am not interested in power steering, power windows or even AC.
Also, has anyone bought an H22 from ARD? If so how did everything turn out? They charge aound $3600 for. Does anyone know of a better place. A lot of questions but any help would be nice. Thanks

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
My Friend Has A H22A Motor In His Civic And His Turning Is Kinda Tight But Wow Is It Ever Fast, Everyone Tries To Race Him Because They Think Its All Show With No Go But He Proved Them Wrong.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
You can get a H22 shipped from www.jdmclub.com for 2300 bucks I think. :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Can someone please explain this turning radius thing to me. I've got an H22 in my civic and didn't really notice a difference, but maybe that's cause i bought the car with no motor and never really drove it before. I don't have trouble turnin' or anything. People make it sound like it's driving a semi? Can someone explain?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
One of my buds have told me that when you drop a h22a into your civic or anything not a prelude the weight of the engine is heavier which makes the turning harder as well as when turning its harder because of its weight
but thats what i've heard

·
Registered
113 Posts
how about you use the search function since all these questions are repititious?

youll yield better results, save your time, as well as others

·
Registered
101 Posts
Rockwell,
Well said.....I am sick of everybody talkin about this extra weight issue with the H22 swap. This issue has been addressed extensively in this forum before but it just won't die.....what the hell?:mad:

·
Registered
64 Posts
H22AllMotor said:
Rockwell,
Well said.....I am sick of everybody talkin about this extra weight issue with the H22 swap. This issue has been addressed extensively in this forum before but it just won't die.....what the hell?:mad:
ha ha ha ha
I really got sick of it :bash

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Yeah, having an H22 in the car compared to a B or D does NOT alter your turning radius, it has nothing to do with the suspension or steering. Sure it can be more difficult w/o power steering, which is probably what happened to that guys friend, he lost p/s when he did the swap and blamed it on the H when the lack of p/s has the same effect regardless of the engine.
The weight difference is like having a 4-yr old in your passenger seat...only fun instead of annoying.

$3600???????? That better be for an H22 Type S, the one with lsd trans and 220hp factory. Otherwise they are trying to rip you off and you should avoid them like the plage. Buy from www.naganojapanese.com they have teh best deals. They quoted me $1900 shipped for the JDM H22A swap. No axles or shift cables but you can't use stock H axles anyways so who cares.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am running a 93 H22A with Full Power Steering and AC in my 1996 Coupe and I have no problems at all. I am running 94 Integra Axles with the H Tranny. I swear my car is a frankenstein. ahahhaha :bomb

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am running a 93 H22A with Full Power Steering and AC in my 1996 Coupe and I have no problems at all. I am running 94 Integra Axles with the H Tranny. I swear my car is a frankenstein. ahahhaha :bomb
waaaaaaaaait isnt running an older engine in a newer car illegal? or is that just in CALI?

·
Registered
130 Posts
ahh i understand its just that im looking for swaps into my car its a 97 civic and all the engines im finding are older than my car. whats the way around that stuff?? i tried searching but didnt find anything.. just curious. no means to hijack a thread... thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts