Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Ive got my parents pretty much talked into the whole deal, I just need some kinda gaurantee on the motor besides startup or something did you guys get anything besides that? I mean what keeps us from just getting screwed over a 1k miles down the road? thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have never seen a conversion for sale w/ more than a start-up guarrantee, comperession check, and possibly a no sensors broken guarantee. Sorry, you'll just have to get the swap from a reputable place who knows how to handle their product. I always recommend:

www.hondamotorsonline.com

It is where my swap came from, was very clean, had all of the parts that they said would come w/ the swap, snd even started up on the first crank. -GothRice-

·
Registered
567 Posts
Goth-Rice said:
I have never seen a conversion for sale w/ more than a start-up guarrantee, comperession check, and possibly a no sensors broken guarantee. Sorry, you'll just have to get the swap from a reputable place who knows how to handle their product. I always recommend:

www.hondamotorsonline.com

It is where my swap came from, was very clean, had all of the parts that they said would come w/ the swap, snd even started up on the first crank. -GothRice-
I couldn't agree with you more! That's where I got mine and she' running like a champ.
The best thing you can do is make sure they're compression tested and leak down checked. That alone will tell you it's in good shape.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
SiLude94 said:
I couldn't agree with you more! That's where I got mine and she' running like a champ.
The best thing you can do is make sure they're compression tested and leak down checked. That alone will tell you it's in good shape.
Exactly, that's basically all you need to know, and it should be a great motor. I've only heard good things about www.hondamotorsonline.com, so I would recommend them. I think they come with a startup warranty too. Remember, most of these motors are only 30k miles old or so. So they are still basically brand new.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts