Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna do an H22 swap, but at hondamotorsonline .com i see h22 longblock for more that $1000 cheaper... Why is this? whats a long block and if i get it, will i be getting something not as good as the complete h22a changeover?
Thanx!

· Registered
101 Posts
shortblock is just the block with the rods,crank,pistons,etc.
longblock is the shortblock plus the cylinder head...no trann, accesories,wiring, or anything. If you can just buy a complete engine....it will save you the time of trying to find all the parts you will need individually for the swap.:)

· Registered
101 Posts
With my 96 civic swap I needed everything from the prelude except the axles. You need longblock,alternator,tranny ,wire harness, ecu, emission control devices (egr system), intake manifold with throttle body, starter, distributor, coil, hydraulic clutch lines, etc. There is a lot of little stuff you don't think about that comes with the complete engine that is not on a bare longblock. This is the stuff that costs big$ and time to find. Mr. Mike is right .....to try to find an ecu is almost impossible. When I bought my swap they had sold the ecu already and i had to buy a new one from Honda. That ecu went from Canada to Atlanta in 2 days because it was the only one in the auto recyclers network....demand is extremely high....it seems like they come up available and are sold in a matter of hours regardless of where they are in North America.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.