Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

H22 n/a power?

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  UltraMagneticAL 
#1 ·
Sorry if this question has been asked, but I HAVE used the search function for over an hour now and am coming up short here. After getting an H22 swap (which I have not done, but an saving for) I know that I would be looking at about 195-200hp.

My question is, how much hp is possible/realistic to get out of the H22 while still keeping the H22 N/A? And not adding a nitrous setup?

Thank you for the help

#2 ·
no one's answering because its a very general question you're asking. you could turn out with 170 whp, 180,190...those are all possible numbers. as for realistic, any amount someone says, someone else will just say higher. explain how much you'll be spending after the swap or what sort of mods you're looking at.

#3 ·
Typhoonk said:
no one's answering because its a very general question you're asking. you could turn out with 170 whp, 180,190...those are all possible numbers. as for realistic, any amount someone says, someone else will just say higher. explain how much you'll be spending after the swap or what sort of mods you're looking at.
H22 swap with manual trans, guys were putting about 170whp to the ground.
With some work, you could do a bit more but like typhoon just said you are asking a very ambiguous question because mods will affect how much of a gain you get, or not get........

Also if you searched and read for over an hour you would have had a general idea of the kind of power people are making on a h22 engine with all sorts of setups, if you need to, run to the prelude forum and see what's happening there.

#4 ·
I guess if the question seems general, that is because I meant it to be general. Generally speaking, after an H22 swap (on 5speed) and say about $3000-4000 what type of hp are people getting out of their H22, while still keeping it N/A.

#7 ·
TOP END MS said:
190HP stock .. (to the crank) .. so I think 300HP-ish is a good goal for N/A.
are u talking 300 at the wheels? if not then...yeah. 200-220 whp seems pretty do-able with those funds. but peak hp is just one value on the entire curve; there's more to power than just this. also, proper tuning is essential to make your car faster and more reliable...and if you already knew this stuff, good job and good luck.

#8 ·
300 crank is very reasonable...300whp NA is unheard of w/ the average joe's wallet.

i was around 220-230whp on my NA setup....which was kinda wild, but still considered a mild tune. (less than $10k)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.