Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car doesnt seem to shift in right.. its hard to shift in gears but i could still drive it.. never did anything harsh to it, only miss shift when downshift on high way because of the problem im having... any chance of what could be causing it?

·
Registered
475 Posts
the h22 does shift with linkage like all the b series and d series does. the h and f series shifts with cables. your cables could be gettin hung up somewhere. if this is a motor swap you are talking about if this is a prelude than if the motor hasnt been pulled then i doubt your cables are hung somewhere

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2highpsi said:
the h22 does shift with linkage like all the b series and d series does. the h and f series shifts with cables. your cables could be gettin hung up somewhere. if this is a motor swap you are talking about if this is a prelude than if the motor hasnt been pulled then i doubt your cables are hung somewhere

This is a swap... H22 to a 97 civic Hatchback.. i didnt do the swap so where can i find the cables?

·
Registered
475 Posts
jack your car up and look under neath it were you console would be inside your car. and you will see the shifter cables there will be two of them. they will prob run up and over your cross member in the 96 and up the cross member has a fairly large gap so i doubt they could have gotten hung up but there is still that possiblity. but like i said just jack your car up and run the cables to a shifter box which is on the h22 trans. I would look for any kind of very sharp bends mainly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.