Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard some parts of the H22 engine is swapable with F22 engine parts such as the pistons. The reason I'm asking this is be cause I want to add more power to my F22A6 engine and I can't afford a turbo setup.

Thanks in advance,
Caleb

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
there are three things to tuning: power, price, and reliability....you're only allowed to have two.

building a car correctly is an expensive hobby. if you don't have the funds, then don't even bother.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
supercreed2002 said:
I heard some parts of the H22 engine is swapable with F22 engine parts such as the pistons. The reason I'm asking this is be cause I want to add more power to my F22A6 engine and I can't afford a turbo setup.

Thanks in advance,
Caleb
if the f22 doesnt come vtec, im not sure, swap out the head, call it a day

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
tienlude said:
if the f22 doesnt come vtec, im not sure, swap out the head, call it a day
why? sohc vtec = overrated since it's made for economy rather than performance.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
why? sohc vtec = overrated since it's made for economy rather than performance.
its been known to be able to put an h22 head on f22 or f23...we all know the concept, i know the argument is cant put a doch on a soch, but thats still doesnt change that its been done

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
tienlude said:
its been known to be able to put an h22 head on f22 or f23...we all know the concept, i know the argument is cant put a doch on a soch, but thats still doesnt change that its been done
it can be done, but the price to machine it and custom fit it is WAAAYYYYY more than getting an $800 jdm h22 :rolleyes

edit: plus honda reliability goes down the shit hole really fast that way.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JDM H22a for $800?? Right.... I like my F22A6 and I like to keep it. I was thinking of either slowly or building a cheap all motor engine.

Caleb

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
i pick them up for $600-1200 all the time :rolleyes
u mean the 200hp one rite?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
tienlude said:
u mean the 200hp one rite?
yes. the type S motors are way more expensive. like around $2k-ish for the longblock. the cheapest i saw one for was $1500, but the serial number was scratched off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.