Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i changed two sensors that code 6 was telling me that it was the water temprature sensor, so i did. i reset the computer and the negative of the battery was taken off for like 15 seconds. i turned the car on and the same check engine light came on and the same code 6 comes up. WHAT COULD THE PROBLEM BE IF ITS NOT WHAT THE COMPUTER SAYS? DO YOU THINK MAYBE IT CAN BE ANOTHER COMPONENT THAT TRIGGERS THIS CODE?
HELP REALLY NEEDED, I NEED TO FEEL MY ***** AGAIN!!!!

I HAVE AN H22 ON MY 92 AKORD. DANNY

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a 93 accord with JDM H22 and my check engine light stays on all the time. Car runs great! Beat a G35 last weekend!!! N-e-Ways are you losing a noticable amount of power? If not dont worry about it.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
make sure there isnt any air bubbles in the coolant

make sure your changing the right sensor. there is one for the gauge and one for the ecu.

check the continuity between the sensor plug and the harness at the ecu and make sure there isnt a short.

check the sensor in a pot of water with a multimeter. start with cold water and keep reading the resistance as the water heats up and match it to normal operating temps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you

Thanx for replying guys i really appreciate it but yesterday after really giving it sometime and checking every wire, i noticed that the problem wasn't any of the sensors but that the cooling sensor plug a wire was off the plug and that was the reason for the damn code 6!! i changed it and bingo. The freaking car definitely goes into ***** now and believe me you feel this car wanting to whoop some [email protected]@!!! i was testing it out and damn it redlines like around 7900 rpm this feeling is great i know u guys do also right. Thank god for *****. I'll post some pics of my car.

·
Registered
143 Posts
For future reference the a stock H22's power drop off is at 7300 rpms so u dont really need to take it any higher than that.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
snackpacks said:
Please spell VTEC right.. :noo
shit was killin me././

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aight...

No problema dudes!!! Damn everyone here picks on every little thing damn no one is perfect WE LIVE AND LEARN!!!
Thanx for the correction SUPERHONDA BUDDIES VTEC VTEC VTEC VTEC VTEC is that better SUPERHONDA BUDDIES!!!!! :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts