Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
street_accord94 said:
the h22 rotates counterclockwise while the f20c/f22c rotates clockwise. if you ever somehow cobbled them together youd have a hell of a lot of reverse gears :lol2

THANK YOU! i knew SOMEBODY had to have a really good technical answer somewhere in this thread :lol

if money is an issue, dump the accord and get a cheap used sports car like a miata or oldschool mr2 (mki), then turbo or supercharge them when money becomes available again in the future.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
THANK YOU! i knew SOMEBODY had to have a really good technical answer somewhere in this thread :lol

if money is an issue, dump the accord and get a cheap used sports car like a miata or oldschool mr2 (mki), then turbo or supercharge them when money becomes available again in the future.
haha, thanks :hehe

Ultra's advice is on point...you might want to listen closely to him.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I know we touched on AWD vehicles. Stateside, the only real AWD vehicles Honda had (prior the SH-AWD) were CRV's, Passport's, and most recently the Pilot and Ridgeline. The closest to a car was the CRV which was built on a civic chassis. We had the preludes with the 4ws system, but I don't know to much about that. Now the Japanese had an Accord Wagon in 2000. There was an Accord SiR wagon and a SiR Sportia that was powered by a 2258cc, 2.3L H23A engine that made 190hp, and it was AWD. That would be nice to have here in the states.

·
Registered
123 Posts
flyingtoaster said:
FURTHERMORE, it is semi possible on an Integra because there was a 4WD 94 to 01 Integra in Japan. Neither the Prelude nor Accord was ever designed with a rear axle in mind.

which model teg had 4wd? on the other hand there were accords in jap that had awd system :number1

·
Registered
123 Posts
flyingtoaster said:
Not necessarily... All 90s Hondas used a four wheel double wishbone suspension while competitors used less race-oriented suspension geometry. Even the 2000-2005 Toyota Integra used a front MacPherson strut, as well as the '90s MR2.

QUOTE]

hybrid model? :p toyota w/ a teg engine?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
KhanhCord said:
flyingtoaster said:
Not necessarily... All 90s Hondas used a four wheel double wishbone suspension while competitors used less race-oriented suspension geometry. Even the 2000-2005 Toyota Integra used a front MacPherson strut, as well as the '90s MR2.

QUOTE]

hybrid model? :p toyota w/ a teg engine?
I call it that because they copied the Integra after the VTEC patent expired.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Signal Auto had a Civic EK powered by a RWD NSX motor. Anything can be done, but usually not cost effective. You even said cost is almost your #1 concern so why would you even look into something so custom it would cost you $80,000 to do? Whatta you gonna do for mounts? for driveshaft? for ENTIRE REAR SUSPENSION?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
uhm, the reason why the nsx is rwd is because the engine is set back there already. the tranny is similar to a fwd car, only since the engine sits in the middle, the tranny can easily be mounted over the rear axle.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
hmmm .. I know Signal had the NSX engine in front and I was pretty pretty certain it was RWD class .. so I donno what they have done, but im just sayin .. dont ask it shits possible .. b/c almost anything is.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
if it was indeed a rwd civic, then there was a custom transmission fabbed up to send the power to the rear wheels. a $10K project in itself

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I looked it up and it is actually a FWD setup (sorry) .. I think i was confused b/c it was found in the rear of the NSX so I thought of it as a RWD engine. They did say tho that they have suprised everyone how little they spent on the setup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can't find anythign on the web about "synchro rabbits" but I know it's possible to make a FWD car RWD. It was done on an Integra and about $11,000 was spent. With that money, you might be able to do it on an Accord, but after spending $11,000, the car will still be running mid to high 15s. The bolt pattern is NOT the same, though, requiring further fabrication.

Mounting the engine will be horrendous. Again, you will end up spending more money on a grandma car than you would on a car that was designed to be RWD, and you will still be slower.

FURTHERMORE, it is semi possible on an Integra because there was a 4WD 94 to 01 Integra in Japan. Neither the Prelude nor Accord was ever designed with a rear axle in mind.
Actually there was an awd accord but it was auto only i think it was either a 4th or 5th gen accord wagon

21 - 34 of 34 Posts