Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 95 prelude Si swap with jdm h22a, it overheats once in awhile
i dont know what to check anymore 7 months ago we change new radiator , t-stat, t-stat sensor, new fan motor , check ground wires ok the temp gauge would go up when im in traffic (somtimes) and what i do is turn it it off for 2secs then turn it back on and its back to normal ..
jdm h22 vtec ( h23 sensor)
also that green sensor located at upper hose, do i really need that? could this be the cause of problem ? because i remember when i got the motor from HMO the jdm H22a does not have this sensor ,do i really need this sensor?? any help thank you..

· Registered
1,278 Posts
i have a 95 prelude Si swap with jdm h22a, it overheats once in awhile
i dont know what to check anymore 7 months ago we change new radiator , t-stat, t-stat sensor, new fan motor , check ground wires ok the temp gauge would go up when im in traffic (somtimes) and what i do is turn it it off for 2secs then turn it back on and its back to normal ..
jdm h22 vtec ( h23 sensor)
also that green sensor located at upper hose, do i really need that? could this be the cause of problem ? because i remember when i got the motor from HMO the jdm H22a does not have this sensor ,do i really need this sensor?? any help thank you..
Try to bleed the air from the coolant first.. The green sensor should be your temp sensor,,, ummmm unplug it when warm and see if your temp gauge goes to 0. You might could try using a flow restriction in the hose at the thermo housing. What it does is slow the coolant flow down to make better use of thermal dissipation. Like say if you run your hand through a hot stream of water fast it wont burn, but you go slow you feel it. Same as coolant, if you slow it down more heat is taking from your engine to the radiator.. Used in race engines alot of times... You just have to be sure to get the hole the right size.. Mostly by experimentation...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.