Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, im really wanting to get the h22 swap in my si.. and well now is teh best time my tranny just went out honda wants us to pay 3k for tranny and install.. I found a place to get the complete swap DONE at 4k at the most.. I have 180k on teh si motor, they think it will last til 300k, saying its not even broken in yet cuz it was all highway miles... HELP ME! I need vtec lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
hey wassup, i am getting a new jap spec h22a 4 installed into my 94 SI, as we speak, well good luck gettin your engine.
by tha way it shouldnt be THAT much to get a h22 installed, only 3200 for my jap spec ecu and a new act clutch installed. so....

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
if you are gonna pay 3k for trans, but you can get a better motor AND trans for 4k...

why are they even thinking about the tranny?
the new motor has a ton less miles, it should only be about 60k at the most on it... and it has a newer trans, ecu, and all that good stuff...

it should be a no brainer...

ask them why they want to spend 3k to replace 1/2 the drivetrain, if in say, 10k, you will blow the motor or have to rebuild it?

why not spend the extra cash now, as security later? it sucks to pay a ton over and over, and i have... i never had the cash to do a fat swap, so i rebuilt a motor twice, and the shop fucked it up, so i had to get it rebuilt again... i know how you feel...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks so far guys need more input to help convince.. I think one of there problems is trusting someone other than a honda mechanic to do this.. Im having a local shop do it humble performance if any have heard of them.. anyways they said my headers exhaust and intake will work... so keep the info coming guys thanks!

·
Registered
756 Posts
LuDeSi_93 said:
Ok, im really wanting to get the h22 swap in my si.. and well now is teh best time my tranny just went out honda wants us to pay 3k for tranny and install.. I found a place to get the complete swap DONE at 4k at the most.. I have 180k on teh si motor, they think it will last til 300k, saying its not even broken in yet cuz it was all highway miles... HELP ME! I need vtec lol
$3k for a tranny install?!?!?

My h23 tranny cost $300 shipped, ACT XTSS $415 shipped, CM 8lb flywheel $305 shipped. I installed them myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts