Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an h22 for my 92 si, im just wondering what problems i might run into and how hard this swap is. Its got everything for it to run, mounts and all. Any and all advice or tips will be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Depends on the mounts and wiring. what mounts? HASports? cheap ebay ones?

EDIT also, did it come with axles?

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Post a picture or two of your mounts, or find a pic of them online. If they are good mounts, you can swap the H without much trouble. Biggest issue is axle bind. Some mounts are poorly desinged, as in some made to FIT the swap, and some DESIGNED for the swap lol.

Axles can be bought on ebay, or you can go to the driveshaftshop website and order some. should be less then 200 bucks. Next you gotta either chip a P28 or find yourself the proper ecu and wiringharness.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
I forgot this, I found this searching on google, its a bit old, so you dont need to worry about any custom work, but it does list wiring issues and suspension problems like toe and camber adjustments that need correction H22a Civic Swap Guide - Automotive Forums .com Car Chat

Basically its a drop in, but it requires a biot more attention to detail then teh B series swaps do.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks mattliston i really appreciate all the information. I plan on doing the swap all weekend so i hope it doesnt run too much longer depending on what i will run into, but thanks again and if you thinnk of anything else that you wanna add please do.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
where are you getting the axles?

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Im pretty sure you need H axles to fit in the H tranny. I havent heard of civic axles fitting in there. If they do, maybe theres simply an issue of them popping out or something. Look it up on google, im sure there are diagrams and whatnot to help. I havent done the swap to my vehicle personally, sio I cant offer any advice, sorry

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah that makes complete sense and the guy im getting it from said he was dropping it in the same car and didnt need to change it, that it was just the matter of fitting the engine in the hole. I will look it up on google and thanks once again.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
NO problem man, helll you never know, once you do it and are successful, you'd be a person Id ask if I ever do it. Good luck on the swap and enjoy a real powerband once its running :lol

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
okay so problem already i need headers, new driveshafts and shifter linkage from a prelude or accord, and what do you know about the wiring harness?cause i was looking at them like 10 mins ago and they dont look identical. i was told of a place called painless wiring harness or something, have you heard of a place called something like that, i think im going to need the h22 chassis wiring harness. Im sorry if i wasnt fully paynig attention before, i am now. anything else anyone knows or have found out id really appreciate it.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
While Im sure painless could handle your issue, Tthey appear to do domestics for the most part. You shouldnt need to modify the harness if you have the right ecu, as thats the only thing the engine harness is gonna eventually plug into. Did you search places like hondaswap or hondatech yet? Plenty of people on those sites have done the H swap

· Registered
10,346 Posts
no problem BTW honda-tech.com, dont forget the hyphen lol

· Registered
10,346 Posts
search H22 ecu pinouts on google. I dont know where you would find them off hand, but I would imagine they will be on hondaswap.com

· Registered
10,346 Posts
I dunno, ive always used whatever mounts when doing motor swaps, but I guess I would recommend some HASport mounts, try to find them used as they are usually pretty expensive

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.