Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so my friend is buying a Honda Accord with a H22 swap in it. He wants to boost and is looking for somewhere between 15-20 PSI if its possible. What would need to be done besides injectors (what would be a good size injector) and new engine management (hondata). We are just looking for any suggestions on good turbos, wastegates, bovs, any internals that need to be done, ect.

Thanks,
FU510N

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well thanks for the help..........ive searched around and I just end up getting mixed findings. If i just post Ill get the answers I need.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He's looking for somewhere between 350-400 HP.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's pretty unsafe for a stock block, especially for a H22. Me personally I wouldn't go any more than 300whp on a stock H22.

The main weak point are the pistons/ringlands. If he wants more than he should atleast get aftermarket pistons/rods.

For parts, how much does want/have to spend?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats what we are plan on getting together.....he plans on getting a list of things he needs to get and plans on getting a loan to pay for it all at once. As for the pistons and rods....I was pretty sure that they were going to be changed out with aftermarket pistons and rods. But will the block need to be sleeved or reinforced some other way?

Thanks,
FU510N

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry DrivinVtec.......and there is not really a price limit right now

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
if you are putting forged pistons in, you NEED to sleeve the block. If you don't, you'll be tearing it back out in a matter of months to replace the sleeves that have holes in them from the forged pistons.

If you plan on running that much horsepower, you need the forged pistons, or you'll blow rings. H22 ringlands are not the best under boost.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
bob12345 said:
if you are putting forged pistons in, you NEED to sleeve the block. If you don't, you'll be tearing it back out in a matter of months to replace the sleeves that have holes in them from the forged pistons.

If you plan on running that much horsepower, you need the forged pistons, or you'll blow rings. H22 ringlands are not the best under boost.
Yeah cant run forged in a H series.. There is a company that makes a piston with a gold plating on the walls of the pistons that allow you to run forged in a H block... I dont remember the comany but I will find it and post it up.

EDIT: Heres the site... http://www.mahle.com/ http://www.importperformanceparts.net/imports/mahlegold-honda.html

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
civic_x_95 said:
Yeah cant run forged in a H series.. There is a company that makes a piston with a gold plating on the walls of the pistons that allow you to run forged in a H block... I dont remember the comany but I will find it and post it up.

EDIT: Heres the site... http://www.mahle.com/ http://www.importperformanceparts.net/imports/mahlegold-honda.html
You are correct that you can't run forged pistons in a stock H22 bottom end. The forged pistons and stock FRM sleeves don't get along well. But if you have GE or Darton or somebody sleeve the motor, the new sleeves and forged pistons are fine.

Mahle does make those pistons, but their initial run of the pistons didn't have the valve reliefs machined right, so some motors got messed up. To my knowledge they have corrected that problem and the pistons work fine. But the correct ones have only been out for a few months. Still to new to say they're the solution to the FRM problem, but it is promising.

I believe Jun also made a set of pistons that were FRM compatible, but they were very expensive and hard to get. I'm not sure if they even make them anymore.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.