Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had heard of an H22 Type R? I was offered one and didnt know they existed.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
h22 type r? i've heard of an h23 in the accord type r. but not an h22a type r. maybe h22a type s

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i hadn't heard of it before, i'm getting the Type S and i asked them if it came with LSD, they said they could sell me an LSD transmission with an H22a Type R

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
i hadn't heard of it before, i'm getting the Type S and i asked them if it came with LSD, they said they could sell me an LSD transmission with an H22a Type R
there is an h23 that came in the type r accord. other than that i've enver heard of an h-series type r

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
no such thing as a type R for the h22a...

there is a motegi version of the prelude... but its so rare....

and just like gsr said... there is the type S and the euro R comes with an LSD if i remember correctly

·
Registered
795 Posts
As far as I know the Accord Type R's came with F20's not the H23 VTEC that came in the Accord wagon. But, like stated earlier there are the H22 Type S and Euro R.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
As far as I know the Accord Type R's came with F20's not the H23 VTEC that came in the Accord wagon. But, like stated earlier there are the H22 Type S and Euro R.
jdm h23a vtec spec
Horsepower: [email protected]
Torque: [email protected]
Redline: 7600rpm

jdm h22a1 spec
Redline: 7200rpm

jdm h22a-s spec
Redline: 7200rpm
accord h23 vtec motor - Preludepower.com

just for specs on motors

there were h-series accord type r's

Honda Type R fansite - Civic, Integra, Accord Type R, NSX R, Accord Euro R - honda-type-r.com

·
Registered
795 Posts
^wow there are so much wrong info in that post.

The H23 VTEC is EDM not JDM, redline is 7k not 7.6k, and had 200ps.
The H22A1 was a USDM motor not a JDM one and had 190hp and I believe 156 ft lbs.
The H22 Type S has 220 ps.

Out of the H motors, if you're just going with bolt on's and a tune, the H23 VTEC is much better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts