Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was trying to get some info on the rsx-r in the rsx fourm, and this guy claimed that since the rsx-s is lighter than the lude and has the same power its faster. Personally iver raced rsx-s' and won(its damn close though). just wondering what other people thoughts and experiences with the h22 vs rsx-s war.

· Registered
12,727 Posts
rsx-s is faster than us...specially if its modded vrs. modded. they lose less HP through there drivetrain.

they dyno around 180'sWHP with just an intake.

· Registered
551 Posts
Everyone always compares peak HP and weight.....

The only way to tell is to find a dyno chart from both cars stock, and then compare area under the curve (this accounts for torque). Also consider the gearing- one might be designed for a good 0-60/1/4 and the other might be more of a racing setup. With the Prelude's handling I would think Honda focus the gearing on racing rather than straight line accel.

· Registered
134 Posts
I personally think it would depend on the driver. When I went to the drag way there was this rsx-s with intake and exhaust but only ran 15.6 but i heard that stock they are suppose to run low 15's...so it's up to the driver.

· Registered
2,650 Posts
In a world where all drivers are equal, the RSX-S would be the faster car, no doubt about it. But in real life, anything can happen, whether on the streets or the track. The RSX-S is faster than a stock 5th gen though.

· Registered
174 Posts
what about against a 93 prelude VTEC?

· Registered
2,076 Posts
drpzpuk said:
what about against a 93 prelude VTEC?
In my post above I said my friend with a 93 vtec lude beat another friend with a RSX-S, both with I/E. But like SpanishRicer said, it is faster than 5th gens. But I've seen 4th gens run high 14.9-15.1 stock at the track, so 4th gens against a RSX-S would be very close.

· Registered
18 Posts
yeah, i've raced a few RSX-s and i beat them all both modded and not. oh yeah i drive a 93 vtec i/e. another thing is that my car is almost 10 years old and can still run a brand new rsx-s. but really its up to the driver

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, it is true thats it up to the driver, but the power curve is different along with torque. i think it does come down to the driver at the end.

· Registered
25 Posts
I believe it's a driver's race, but stock vs stock, RSX-S should win a bit...

· Registered
17 Posts
its def a drivers race.......if he doesnt blow his engine.....i worked at a acura dealership over the summer..its liek a summer job since my uncle owns it....and they would come in weekly with blown engines....there gearbox is soo poorly enginered that 1st can be easily mistakin for 3rd......and if you banging out the gears...BOOOOM

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.