Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 91 Accord is seeing age and I am lookin to either swap or get a 97 Accord and then do a swap.

Currently a friend of mine has a 96GSR integra and is modding it
Apparently he did an LS/vtec w/ Turbo on his old 2G integra and then sold that one off.

I asked him about engine swaps on the accord and he told me to go H23 instead of H22A because of a thing called "Peg leg"
He was referring to the axles on this.
His reasoning was that the H22A has too much torque for the axles and would stress them and break them at the track and/or during launches and shifts because the H22A has too much torque. He said to get the H23 because this would not happen with that engine.

Any ideas or opinions on this?
I would really like to see a turbo setup and engine swap into an accord and some numbers as well, if anyone has any.
Im looking for a daily driver and reliability still, so anything I do would not be extreme.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
H22 for all motor
H23 for FI
at least IMO.
You'll be just fine with a H22. It's the same thing as having a H22 in a prelude...those axles dont snap. I think he is referring to having a H22 in a civic or teg, and be using thier weaker axles. The H23 basically has the same amount of TQ as a H22, just less HP, basically due to vtec. A lot of people have troubles turboing a H22, but less with a H23. So if your set on turbo, I would say go H23, although some will disagree.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
that's about the biggest load of bunk I've heard in a while. The h23 has more torque than the h22 anyways. If you're going for turbo however, I'd just stick the the stock f22 and build the bottem end with the money you would have spent on the swap. The f22 with stock bottom end is capable of pushing out over 250hp to the wheels with a good turbo setup. I think the dyno also had 257 ft lbs of torque on the stock axles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts