Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how can i build up my motor to get maximum performance FOR nitrous... are high comp pistons a bad idea? cause i want to be fast all motor but FASTER on juice :)

· Registered
321 Posts
Resleeved block, forged rods, 11+:1 cr pistons. Have fun. I haven't figured out how high of octane that you'll need to spray a 100 shot on an 11:1 cr, but if you can offord an engine build you can probably afford race gas once a week.

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
really curious cause im in the process of deciding NA or FI... fi is looking sweet due to $$ issues :) but i want to know that i will still be able to be fast off the juice withought sacrificing performance while ON the juice.. get me?

· Registered
666 Posts
If you have good gas (92 oct or higher) available, you should be able to run 11.5:1 or 12:1 compression as long as you have a good engine management system (programmable). If you build the motor right, N2O and high compression love each other.

You should consider Darton sleeves if you want to spray a lot.

Octane booster is a waste of money. A can of it bumps your actual octane by a fraction of a point.

You might talk to Norwood Autocraft about building a motor for you. The last time I was there, they had a wicked 2.6L H22. Their number is 972-831-8111. They do great work. Mostly Ferraris, but my friends and I have gotten them enthusiastic about Hondas.

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so then it is possible for me to get "maximum" out put all motor and still be able to spray? well with dyno tuning and what not, proper build, etc...

· Registered
666 Posts
rony said:
so then it is possible for me to get "maximum" out put all motor and still be able to spray? well with dyno tuning and what not, proper build, etc...
Yes, if you do it right. Especially if you use an electronic controller to run your N2O. That way you only pull timing when you need to. The rest of the time you are running all motor at max potential.

· Registered
476 Posts
FastNSX said:
If you have good gas (92 oct or higher) available, you should be able to run 11.5:1 or 12:1 compression as long as you have a good engine management system (programmable). If you build the motor right, N2O and high compression love each other. [/QUOTE

This is what i'm going to do with my motor.

· Registered
248 Posts
with a rebuilt b16 how high of a shot can be taken?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.