Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to here a list of experiences with H22 engine problems. Im looking for major damage, basically, experiences with detonation on an NA H22a (NO turbo or NOS) and causing a blown cylinder, or valve float from over reving or missed shift? Im interested in hearing if this has happend to anyone. Im going to think valve float would be the biggest problem, but caused by the driver. Thanx!

· Registered
506 Posts
I'm not sure what you're getting at, you're probably gonna see pretty much the same problems w/ the H22 in those conditions as any other motor, try and be more specific, and try posting on the lude forum IMO there's prob more H22 guys on there then in here and they might be able to help you, good luck

· Registered
271 Posts
Speedjunky, what does your setup dyno at? It looks like a pretty well thought out car you've got.

Do you have before/after plots of the fuel/ignition tuning on the Hondata? I'd love to read details on your tuning sessions & the results.

Robthegr8, a stock or bolt-on H22 is as reliable as anything out there. No major concerns in the engine. If run hard, piston rings can occasionally become worn past the 70 or 80 thousand mile mark, from the combination of high rpms & significant side loading. It's a lot like the B18 in that regard. But the major weak point (in my opinion) only rears it's head under forced induction, and it's that the ring lands on the stock pistons are fairly delicate. And upgrading to forged internals becomes complex & expensive (FRM sleeve issues).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.