Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

h22a engine on a LS integra

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  White98LS 
#1 ·
my question is if an h22a engine will fit on my 94 acura integra LS with out any problems??? please help if any1 can!!

#2 ·
Please do a search, it's been covered many times. People will debate but in my opinion (and the majority) it's not worth it, you can build a B-series to kick just as much if not more ass without the weight and other sacrifices.

#9 ·
mrintegra94 said:
whats an LS1
5.7L Chevy V8. Like the last-gen Corvette.

#10 ·
hell ive been considering putting a H22a too...
what kinds of cost are we talking...
i have 3 grand saved up...
i thinking it will come out to 4 grand or something?
i wanted to do a LS/vtec but i have a auto tranny.. so i want the LSD ttranny thats comes with the H22..
HELP

#11 ·
Yes. I promise you that it will probably fit. :rolleyes

But jdmteg2nv is right, it's definately not worth it. :rolleyes

#12 ·
DXE said:
hell ive been considering putting a H22a too...
what kinds of cost are we talking...
i have 3 grand saved up...
i thinking it will come out to 4 grand or something?
i wanted to do a LS/vtec but i have a auto tranny.. so i want the LSD ttranny thats comes with the H22..
HELP
It strikes me as kind of weird to do a full swap from another model of car just to get an LSD tranny... besides, not all H22 trannies have an LSD (most don't in fact if I'm not mistaken) and some B-series ones do... and there are certainly more aftermarket ones available for the B-series than the H-series.

#13 ·
White98LS said:
It strikes me as kind of weird to do a full swap from another model of car just to get an LSD tranny... besides, not all H22 trannies have an LSD (most don't in fact if I'm not mistaken) and some B-series ones do... and there are certainly more aftermarket ones available for the B-series than the H-series.
Most JDM H22s don't have lsd equipped trannies. I had to pay $200 more for it from Hmotors. And that's the same for all B-series motors too.

#14 ·
just go w/ the b-series. the h22 is only good for cars like the accord and prelude. and it doesn't belong in a civics and integras. sure maybe if you wanted to make a full on drag car where daily driving isn't an issue the h22 would be pretty decent.....but if you want to do some REAL racing around the corners and such, the b-series is a far better motor for your platform.

#15 ·
well i wouldnt be doing any "real" racing
hell i doubt i will even be racing for real anyway...
but it would be a daily driver..
thing is.. H22 is preety much the best bang for buck out of all these engines..
and good b18c1... (lets not even talk about the c5)
run about 3 grand on hmotors
i dunno how hard it would it be to install the h22 in an teg (little help slim9300)
honestly.. im considering just doing getting a new tranny LSD and doing a LS/vtec
that should stay under 2 - 2.5 grand? right? thanks guys

#16 ·
You want bang for the buck? B20. $700 complete for a decent one, direct swap with zero sacrifices, can get torque and hp to stock H22A levels easily with the remaining price difference between the two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.