Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking about swapping an h22a in my 94' accord but i know its hard to turbo them without hardcore tuning, so i was thinking about turboing an f22 vtec and building it up also, do u guys know any good websites where i can buy/ship from, ive done searches but i cant find any websites that sell f22b vtec engines, any sites, thanks

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Search reveals that site sponsors carry this engine; search also reveals who bought an f22b and where they got it; search also reveals what turbo setup people are running and where they got their parts from.
F series parts are hard to come by without takin it up the booty and the only vtec engine is a f22b1 which comes in the 94-97 ex accords.
The f22b jdm is a dohc non vtec engine.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
you want to buy a f22b1? stock EX motor? look in the recycler or classified for people that have done the h22 swap and selling ther f22b1-vtec. why not just turbo the current motor.

the dohc jdm f22b is non-vtec as stated above.. alot of importers wont list it on their website so give them an email. back in the day they were only like 500. it seems like the going rate for them is 500-800 now a days.

·
Registered
471 Posts
i have had the f23 turboed and now i have a h22a motor swap i am so much happier with the h22a because the possibilities are endless with the h22!! Check my sig for the pics

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Yea and the H22a's power doesn't have lag like the turbo setup. Yea, you can have a turbo setup with no lag but that costs money for that to happen, like matched compressor and exhaust wheels for your application and fin clipping/etc. Nitrous seems to spool turbos very nicely too. But... the H22A is usually in stock form when you swap it in so you get an automatic performance gain from swapping it in since it's more powerful than the f22/f23 but since it's in stock form it'll be reliabe, more so than the f23 under the strain of a turbo added on. But... whatever floats your boat, some people would rather go for the turbo just for the sound(s) involved with them... good luck.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
i'd say just turbo your current motor, just for financial reasons. i dont know much about f-series, but im assuming it would be alot cheaper to just go turbo. to swap in the h22 is hella expensive and it would only put u at 195 hp. for about the same $, you can turbo and have alot more power. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
247 Posts
not always the case i put it this way you get what you pay for and always do the proper maintenance or it will bite you in the ass and if someone else works on your car know wtf they are doin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts