Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the differences are between the regular H22A and the Type-s H22A. I know the regular h22 is supposed to have around 190 hp, and the type-s somewhere around 220 hp. But what are the difference in the engine that gave the gains of 30 hp. Any info would be great. Thanks for you your help.

· Registered
679 Posts
pdub said:
Does anyone know what the differences are between the regular H22A and the Type-s H22A. I know the regular h22 is supposed to have around 190 hp, and the type-s somewhere around 220 hp. But what are the difference in the engine that gave the gains of 30 hp. Any info would be great. Thanks for you your help.
yeah your about on the mark...umm but seriously its not worth the extra buxs just save the extra 2g and get a turbo or nitrous or some rims.

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok

Yeah, was thinking about doing an H22 swap. And I heard that the only difference with the type-s is that it has been ported and polished. If that is the case, I can have the regular H22 done and it is the same thing. I am planning building the motor up after i have ran it in the car for a while to make sure it is good, and also run some type of forced induction later. Anyway, thanks for the help.

· Registered
20 Posts
Re: ok

pdub said:
Yeah, was thinking about doing an H22 swap. And I heard that the only difference with the type-s is that it has been ported and polished. If that is the case, I can have the regular H22 done and it is the same thing. I am planning building the motor up after i have ran it in the car for a while to make sure it is good, and also run some type of forced induction later. Anyway, thanks for the help.
the h22a type s has a slight port and polish done to it, yes. it also has a different intake then regular preludes. Type S motors have 11:1 compression. It uses domed pistons; "Type S Pistons." It also has different cams, with a slightly different grind.

The exhaust is also changed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.