Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Ok I know this might be a stupid question but I got to know.
K with the h22a I know that it a big motor witch need alot mods to get it to fit in the sol I hear u have to take out the a/c and the is understeering right. But the engine is a best so it makes up for it but it also cost alot to do the mods. Vs the b18c-r what if I took it and bore it out to a 2.1l will it match to the h22a or what, witch would be best to go with. Im think of s/c but I maybe well go with t/c but eather or im for sure going to give some nos. I also need to know what would be better to go with if im running nos would it be the s/c or the t/c.

h22a= running with nos s/c or t/c or
b18c-r= running with nos s/c or t/c bore to a 2.1l Im going to go with eagle manufacturing and crower stroker 2.1 good comp right lots of money eather way I know that but what would be funner, faster and plane ass better. thanks:sonic: :confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Swaps

H22A, You lose more than just that. Don't lower your car too much either cause you'll end up running your header into the ground. The engine sits back a little too, All bad for a lowered Sol. On top of that, I believe you lose P/S as well as AC.
as for the Type-R... Your looking at $5000 just for the swap parts. The compression on it is high enough. Trying to Nitro that.. Hrm.. Dunno. If your planning on sticking with NOS, and a TC, or SC. Swap to a B16A2 if you don't already ahve one. Chances are you'll see more power, and more torque compared to TC, and NOS on a Type-R. And it will be ohhhh so much cheaper. And if you blow it.. Which you will (This is definately not a streetable option, at least the idea your thinking of 2.1l).

Just my two cents.. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.. but I've been doing a lot of research as of late. And found you can get a lot of hp/torque from a B16A2, for almost the same price as a Type-R swap. And it's more reliable, and cheap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok let me be more reallstic hear. Im going to drop the cr to 8 or 9 and im not going with eather of those motor I was jw about them. This is the setup im thinking about going with tell me what u think of it.

95 sol with the c5 or c1 engine swap. (working on) got 2 grand
eagle manurfactering boreing the engine to 2.1l iron sleeves totaly redone no heat patches.
crower 2.1l stroker kit
drag3 turbocharger
a shot of nos
dc 4-2-1 headers (got)
hks racing intake (got)
hks hiper type Exhaust System (got)
upgrading the internales
shortshifter
the rest later or should i just go with a different setup like the b16 see im looking for a very fast car but drivable all my money going into this what do u guys think.

·
Registered
102 Posts
well

sell the headers and intake cause if yourd turboing, you dont need them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts