Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering doing a swap from a 94 vtec prelude to my 95 civic coupe. I could do the swap and have a turbo charged 275 whp from what i hear, i can get the motor and tranny for the swap for 250$ luckily. for around 2500-3500 i could make a 250 horse d16, and also which one is more worth the time hassle and money. now with the power to wieght ratio, which would probably be faster(drag faster). ive also heard not go more than about 250 horse on stock internals in both engines is this true. thanks for any info.

·
Registered
388 Posts
:D single cams are the best. go single dude more and more and more braggin rights with a single cam than a dual..
remember u have one cam less than the rest, maybe pushin as much whp as some dual cam guys and you have better braggin rights hehe :D

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
I'm not quite sure...but I know that people have had problems with head lift after 10 lb of boost.

I think it depends more on the torque produced and the quality of the tune than the pounds of boost though

·
Registered
912 Posts
it depends on the turbo. smaller turbo=higher psi to make x amount of power. larger turbo=lower psi to make x amount of power. but you probably know that ;) . it doesnt matter how much psi you run, it matters how much hp you have. i hope that helps at all.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Stock D16's can handle around 220whp on a good tune.

Pounds of boost changes with different turbo's,10psi from a 16G > 10psi from a T3

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
oh ya,H22 275 whp > D16 250whp cause the TQ will be on the H's side plus you will want that extra weight on the front tire to try and get better traction

·
Registered
331 Posts
strtciv93 said:
it depends on the turbo. smaller turbo=higher psi to make x amount of power. larger turbo=lower psi to make x amount of power. but you probably know that ;) . it doesnt matter how much psi you run, it matters how much hp you have. i hope that helps at all.

Its not all about hp on a drag track. In order to exel fast you have to have tq. HP is what is used at a cruising speed. And only has an effect on the 1/4 at high rpm. That is from any basic engines book.lol

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
civicN10sec said:
Its not all about hp on a drag track. In order to exel fast you have to have tq. HP is what is used at a cruising speed. And only has an effect on the 1/4 at high rpm. That is from any basic engines book.lol
nice car man,check out the 4 door sticky in non-tech or click the 4Doors are best link in my sig :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
not to mention the most important thing at the dragstrip...

GEARING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then chassis weight....

power takes a backseat to these but you never hear about that all you hear is "mo powa mo JDM powa yO i need mo vtec powa"

a 200hp D with the right chassis tune/gearing/tires/DRIVER! is a high 11 second car..

doubtful??? how do you u think bisi got so fast???? i assure u it wasnt attirbuted to the million more "horze powa" on his [1.5 Liter D series, than his compettion made at first

(allthough now he likely is making more power than them with the SOHC F block) =)

·
Registered
331 Posts
thanks for the compliment on my ride.
about the h22 in a civic. my friend has that and its turbocharged and . that dude has mor problems then anything. brought it to the track broka axels. and that was b4 turbo. (wheel hop) . now his problem is his motor mounts keep on messing up. hes got hasport mounts but they have to be welded down. if you ask me its way to much of a hassel.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
civicN10sec said:
thanks for the compliment on my ride.
about the h22 in a civic. my friend has that and its turbocharged and . that dude has mor problems then anything. brought it to the track broka axels. and that was b4 turbo. (wheel hop) . now his problem is his motor mounts keep on messing up. hes got hasport mounts but they have to be welded down. if you ask me its way to much of a hassel.
All the problem your buddy is having are easy to solve it just takes research and the willingness to spend a lil extra time on it.I planned to h22 my civic for a long time but have decided that a turbo'd D16 is a better route for me cause I can turbo and put a slight build on my 1.6 for cheaper than getting a H22 and installing it

·
Registered
331 Posts
yeah hes got everything fixed at the local import shop Sonic Boom. They do really good work for a nice price.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts