Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so, the guy i bought the car from said the motor mounts were worn (teg w/01 h22a4) but when my mechanic saw it he said the crack in the cap is/was causing voltage to leak out. I bought another MSD cap and Rotor, the car came with a stock cap, but blaster rr msd coil and wires.

When we get the cap off, whoever worked on the car before, freaking stripped the little screw that holds the rotor on. SOOOOOO, the question is, how do I get that rotor off so that I can put the new, voltage leak free cap too and have these random misfires stop, which I'm sure are bad for the car. Can't seem to find my service manual anywhere, I downloaded a few but apparently, labelling downloads inaccurately is a big issue.

Anyhow, just really need to have a bit of help on this one as my mechanic isn't available and I have a bunch of driving to do today.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The motor mounts were cut and replaced to accommodate the H22 man... Not a bad idea though. I've gotta find some place to put the damn thing now, street cleaning tomorrow afternoon and Friday afternoon. Ugh. Yeah, I'm going to push it up the SF hill with two blown out knees, fuck, I can just see the tickets starting to pile up. ; /

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
You can drill a hole in the middle of the stripped bolt, in the very middle. Get a bolt/screw removal tool. This is a one-time use only tool. You screw it into the hole that you drilled but turn it counter-clockwise. This tool goes deeper into the bolt counter-clockwise until it can loosen the bolt and you can remove it. You'll have to have a replacement bolt of the same size and threading.

·
Registered
14 Posts
sounds messed up but I used an angle grinder once to grind the head off a bolt for the valve cover nuts; only because the drill tap method wouldn't work. just be careful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts