Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so how many of you other guys/gals out there are stuck without VTEC? :cry . seems like almost everyone has gone H22 now (seen lots of people postin about new VTEC engines) i myself would love to do a swap but decided to put all that money into other parts for the lude. mostly suspension, and a few key parts to clean it up a bit. whats every body elses excuse for not goin VTEC? :p

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Mmmmm... Turbo... <drool>

~Peace

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
im happy with my h23, i can keep up with my freinds in there gsr's for the most part. once i get some money ill probably swap, but ill put my h23 to good uses probably in a hatch.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i have the h23, and i am also happy with it.... my excuse fot not upgrading to H22 is the most common reason, money...... when i do get money however, i want to put the VTEC head on the h23 block... i have machining skills, and access to a machine shop, does anyone know if this actually works tho? The last thing i wanna do is spend money on something that will destroy my engine...

Max

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MaxCapital93 said:
i have the h23, and i am also happy with it.... my excuse fot not upgrading to H22 is the most common reason, money...... when i do get money however, i want to put the VTEC head on the h23 block... i have machining skills, and access to a machine shop, does anyone know if this actually works tho? The last thing i wanna do is spend money on something that will destroy my engine...

Max
yea i agree with u guys on the $$ issue. :(
imported, how much do you think uve spent total on all the boost business? that could be a possible path way in the future, but i just dunno yet. thatd be more fun than an H22, but also more $. max, ive heard the H22 head/H23 block is hard to pull off, but i think its been done. my moms uncle who also has a very very fast comptech-ed out NSX has a H22/H23 combo motor and it seems to be doin fine.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
tiller said:
max, ive heard the H22 head/H23 block is hard to pull off, but i think its been done. my moms uncle who also has a very very fast comptech-ed out NSX has a H22/H23 combo motor and it seems to be doin fine.
quite a few people have done it ;)

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
crdcz03 said:
ahha i forgot about you. how goes it? how much work was involved with gettin it all done? seems like a good option :tu

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
tiller said:
ahha i forgot about you. how goes it? how much work was involved with gettin it all done? seems like a good option :tu
dont do it if you dont have to. thats my advice.

mine runs strong but who knows how long itll last hahaha :byye :lol2 im just livin it up while it does last :D

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
vile10 said:
i am, and i don't feel too bad about it, H23's just fine, i won't swap unless my H23 die on me
thats what im sayin...if funds are tight when mine goes i might just get another H23...i drive my lude everyday and rarely race it, the torque curve of the H23 is really all i need...plus its sooooo much cheaper to replace h23 with another h23

its been said that an H23 is torquier than an H22 until vtec hits...someone wanna confirm this?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
crdcz03 said:
dont do it if you dont have to. thats my advice.

mine runs strong but who knows how long itll last hahaha :byye :lol2 im just livin it up while it does last :D
haha icic...im not the most mechanically proficient (sp?) so im gonna stick with my H23 until she dies. next target: suspension

·
Registered
59 Posts
lol

:clap hahhaa yeah its true H23 has more TQ but lacks HP hahhaha but hay at least u can get them off the line lol. mines does very well aleast i can take B16 and B18 haha so its all good aleast u dont have a S motor lol. :D and it is cheaper to get a H23 i got mines imported from Japan for free by my uncle lol. :D but i woudnt mind having a H22a hahaha instead of a H23a lol oh will , does anyone want an H23 head with everthing ???? let me knoe :number1

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
crdcz03 said:
Don't misguide people without the funds or resources craig.

Your engine is quite a different species of H-Series hybrids.

What he is talking about doing rarely works out for the better.

What you have done is quite a bit more stable, yet I'd still be shaky trying something like that myself.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone without the resources, money, and tools. Craig had those, and his engine runs well, those who don't have such, and don't know what they are doing, will blow their engines, no doubt about it.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
tha_con said:
Don't misguide people without the funds or resources craig.

Your engine is quite a different species of H-Series hybrids.

What he is talking about doing rarely works out for the better.

What you have done is quite a bit more stable, yet I'd still be shaky trying something like that myself.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone without the resources, money, and tools. Craig had those, and his engine runs well, those who don't have such, and don't know what they are doing, will blow their engines, no doubt about it.
if you think about it... the only thing different between my engine and other h23vtec's is the pistons and the oilpump

i know what you're saying but its not too different from the rest :number1

·
Registered
99 Posts
well i built a f22/h23 hybrid ...love it ..lots of low and mid torque....should be the same as you real h23 guys.....just did it for this year, fun as hell....cheap little upgrade......waiting till fall for h22...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Weenie said:
its been said that an H23 is torquier than an H22 until vtec hits...someone wanna confirm this?
This is true, when I first drove my car after the swap I was like wtf this feels slower, of course that was before I hit vtec. Plus the H23 tranny makes it feel like it takes forever to hit the powerband, but once it does pulls way harder than the old engine did. Both engines have about the same amount of peak torque, the H22's just comes 1000 rpms later at 5500, then you immidiately feel the extra 40 HP kick in.

Even though it doesnt have as much top end power, the H23 is still a strong motor. I used to kill my friends GSR off the line with it. If it hadnt of had been ragged out for 150,000 miles by the previous owner, I would have turbo'ed the shit out of it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i love my H23 people around where im at always under estimate the lude for somethin slow i guess its just funny to watch peoples faces when they see what it's really got, plus the whole money issue, maybe someday in the the future ill get a swap , but its doubtful :sleep

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
H23 Gone vtec

I used to be happy with my H23. :rolleyes It ran great and still took alot of Integras but I recently swaped it out for a JDM H22a. I still have my H23 and its FOR SALE. I have brand new pistons, rings and rods. The head was completely rebuilt with new valves. The block is bored .40 over for the bigger pistons sizes. Unorthodox Underdrive pulley brand new. All of these parts were never used. When i took out the H23 to have it built i ended up also buy the JDM H22a for $1,400 an offer I couldnt refuse. :noo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts