Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, when doing an H23 vtec head swap, what the hell is the deal with the oil lines or pressure for vtecs? Everyone is telling me that there needs to be a hole drilled in the block or some kind of line connectec from the block to the head for the proper oil pressure for the head when vtec kicks in. I'm doing this kind of swap and I'm stock on that one problem. Now, if anyone that actually did a swap like that knows what everyone is warrnig me about, can you please either post your reply or e-mail me at [email protected]. Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance. John.

·
Registered
52 Posts
on the h23's rear deck, in the middle, there's an orifice block you need to remove. that is all you need to do for the vtec oil pressure. good luck.

v

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, and yea...I will need a lot of luck:) If anyone else knows anything I would really appreciate some of your information and opinion. John.

·
Registered
808 Posts
i heard that puttin on a vtec head is pretty rare...as in its not gurantee to work...is that true? and how much does it cost to swap the vtec head n get it to work...cuz i was thinkin about doin it but i duno how much would it cost...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
93si4ws said:
what do you need to know dog?

I need to know everything regarding the oil pressure for the H22 head. What exactly is the deal with that? Like I said earlier, I heard I will have to drill a hole in the block, than I heard I will have to run an additional line from the block to the head etc...That's why I would like some sure information from someone who has done a swap like that or know more about it than I do. Thanx a lot everyone. John

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok..thanks a lot 93si4ws. Now at least I know exactly what to do and not worry about it. I appreciate everyones help. I'll post some pics of my ride in few days, and then I'll post up slips of my et. Peace.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just wondering where did you find the vtec head? I was looking to do that but wasn't too sure if I would be able to find one and the cost.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
xXludeXx said:
Just wondering where did you find the vtec head? I was looking to do that but wasn't too sure if I would be able to find one and the cost.
I found it on ebay.com. It was a complete head with cams, gears and valve cover for $500. I think it's a pretty good deal, but then I saw one with everything that I bought it with plus intake manifold and TB and that one went for $650. Try searching you might find it one day. Good luck. ;)

·
Registered
993 Posts
i know this guy who first had an h23 in his accord.
about 2-3 months later he wanted to try something new

he did an h22/h23 swap...(2-3months ago)
about 2 weeks after he finished, he spun a bearing and messed up his motor...

hes now building an h22/h23 in a project hatch. if u have questions, i will try to ask him.

but i dont really see or talk with him much.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts