Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed some h23 injectors on a stock f22b1 anything I should look out for? Before you ask why the hell I'd do this I did it cuz I wanted to see if it would work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
F22 injectors flow 240cc. The injectors I have injectors out of a jdm h23 and I know they flow more.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
It's a bad idea. Why wouldn't it work? The h23 is essentially a f23 I wouldn't expect the injectors to differ much if at all. The only thing you would have from this change(potentially) is less power due to an incomplete combustion from running too rich. I believe the injectors are the same, though I personally have not checked. It just makes more sense to increase fuel pressure slightly instead of ordering differently specked injectors. ECU's are more than up to that task

stop ruining you economy car.

Or you can be this one idiot around here who put 550cc's on his integra. My accord raped his car. I don't think that his engine is even alive anymore.

EDIT: just checked real fast and THEY ARE THE SAME DAMN INJECTORS. Don't believe me? Fine. Go to rockauto and refrence a vehicle that has an h23 in it amd look at the part numbers vs your accords

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
you really like doing weird stuff to your car for the helluva it.. and yes i'm asking "WHY" did you do it? do you research before you do stuff to your car. or do you just do it because you want to? that's a great way to fuck up your car. first you want to spend hundreds of dollars for a piece of pipe with a filter for your accord, and now you're throwing random injectors on your engine?....a car is not a toy so stop treating it like one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The injectors I have are 330cc. Yes there is a power loss but thats because my fuel pump cant keep up and not enough fuel is in the rail. I do it because I feel like it yes. One mans car is another mans toy. Its called experimentation. I just wanted to know what to look out for not give me a damn lecture. I think I'll find a forum that is a little more supportive of its members.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
The injectors I have are 330cc. Yes there is a power loss but thats because my fuel pump cant keep up and not enough fuel is in the rail. I do it because I feel like it yes. One mans car is another mans toy. Its called experimentation. I just wanted to know what to look out for not give me a damn lecture. I think I'll find a forum that is a little more supportive of its members.
it's clear from this post you have no idea what you're talking about.... where did you even get the notion in your head that this was a good/logical idea? Tell me how Increasing fuel to a motor that isn't even capable of fully utilizing it's current setup is going to be a good idea?

1. The ecu/fpr control injectors and is/are set to specific parameters. you do not increase injector capacity without a tune, the car will run rich and run worse than stock. and you don't increase injector size until your current setup is reaching it's limits to supply fuel to your motor. your accord is stock get over it. On top of that, over-sized injectors will effect fuel atomization and combustion efficiency. you would know this if you picked up a book instead of throwing random crap at your stock accord. People here are trying to stop you from blowing your shit up but you insist on doing things your way going against known facts. what are you gonna do next dual 5 inch exhaust on your car because you think you're experimenting?

2. you will get laughed out of any forum for your methods...you're just throwing parts at your car hoping it works.. What do you think they'll say at H-tech or team integra or 8th gen civic or any car forum if you present the same question? "i just throw parts at my car without researching anything hoping they work because i feel like it" since when is trying to reinvent the wheel without having any understanding of how the wheel works called experimentation? experiments begin with a hypothesis and research. you're playing a guessing game not experimenting.

3. one mans car isn't another mans toy. that is one of the silliest things I've ever heard. i don't even know how this makes sense. a car is a piece of advanced dangerous machinery...anybody who thinks it is a toy is retarded and doesn't deserve to have a drivers license. your "TOY" has the ability to kill people if you insist on doing stupid things with it without doing your homework.

4. every normal person out there knows you can't throw larger injectors on a car without tuning it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I know it can kill people but a lot of things can kill people. I did my homework and I know they wont work as well without tuning my ecu. Thats why I asked what could happen on the stock engine. No i wouldn't put dual 5 inch exhaust on my car because that would be ricey and impractical not to mention obnoxiously loud. Most of my car knowledge is based off of older engines. When you put a double pumper 4 barrel carb on a Oldsmobile 350 rocket engine your gonna see a hp increase.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
Yes I know it can kill people but a lot of things can kill people. I did my homework and I know they wont work as well without tuning my ecu. Thats why I asked what could happen on the stock engine. No i wouldn't put dual 5 inch exhaust on my car because that would be ricey and impractical not to mention obnoxiously loud. Most of my car knowledge is based off of older engines. When you put a double pumper 4 barrel carb on a Oldsmobile 350 rocket engine your gonna see a hp increase.
you're comparing a carb'd v8 to a fuel injected 4cyl......you can adjust afr's with a carb you can't do that with a fuel injected car by simply changing out injectors....a carb deals directly with adjusting fuel air mixture....injectors are programmed to pump at a specific rate under the given parameters of the current setup. you change on part of it you must adjust your fuel system accordingly. you're adjusting the carb on the spot for your car to run right. it's your entire system all in one. a fuel injector is part of a bigger system.

when you swapped that carb and gained hp on the v8, you didn't gain power because you were adding fuel, you gained power because you could add more fuel and burn it more efficiently via adjusting the carb on the spot adjusting your afr's.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
anybody who thinks 330cc injectors will prevent the oem pump THAT RAN 240CC INJECTORS from keeping up needs to do some fucking research

/thread

we dont need a thread in a week saying how your rings are toast from all the extra gas washing the oil off, so dont make one

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
anybody who thinks 330cc injectors will prevent the oem pump THAT RAN 240CC INJECTORS from keeping up needs to do some fucking research

/thread

we dont need a thread in a week saying how your rings are toast from all the extra gas washing the oil off, so dont make one
lmao I wasn't going to come out and say it.

I don't hunk the jdm ver had better injectors unless it came with the vtec head and/or higher comp pistons

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
lmao I wasn't going to come out and say it.

I don't hunk the jdm ver had better injectors unless it came with the vtec head and/or higher comp pistons
did japan have the h23vtec? or was it a euro accord wagon only thing?

nvm it did come in japan as well

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I installed some h23 injectors on a stock f22b1 anything I should look out for? Before you ask why the hell I'd do this I did it cuz I wanted to see if it would work.
The h23 is the same as the f22b1 you can put a h23 head on a f22b1 block and do k series piston and make 700hp the f22b1 stock map sensor you can run 11lb of boost but if you run stock injectors you will run lean if you do the 330cc injectors you can run 8lb all day long with a good tune

1 - 16 of 16 Posts