Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
547 Posts
sweetcrx said:
how hard is it to do the v-tec head swap onto the h23? , what is the cost?

what parts do you need?
is therre anyone who has done it out there?
well... it costs a couple grand and u gotta know what ur doing. i couldn't do it cause i dont' have the time and patience,, but LakeMount has done it... all i can tell u, is u'll be happy with the results!!!:)

· Registered
2,092 Posts
Re: Re: h23 swap

element h22 said:

well... it costs a couple grand and u gotta know what ur doing. i couldn't do it cause i dont' have the time and patience,, but LakeMount has done it... all i can tell u, is u'll be happy with the results!!!:)
no he didnt...he just swapped in the H22

i dont know too many people around here with the H23/H23 frankenstein, but it puts out more power than the H22

· Registered
283 Posts
Okay....

I was totally into doing this so I did a ton of homework....I've talked to several people who have actually done it and I hear it's cool. But the guys I've talked to built up their shit completely.

But for the time that they had only the frankestein engine they said it was the shit. I guess it makes about 215 hp....There is no oil flow problem...apparently there are no oil squirters on the h23 so when you put on the h22 head people think you're fukd. But there is an oil control orifice that you can pull out by hand between cylinder 2 and 3 and if you want you can install oil squirters up in there. The guys I've talked to say the swap is easier than the Teg LS swap. If you wanna e-malez gimme the word and I'm sure they won't care. People do nuthin but talk shit about the hybrid but I don't think they know. I have talked to people who've done it and love it so power to ya bruh....

Late

· Registered
52 Posts
whats the longest lasting 2.3vtec you know of? rocketlude in ky is the longest one i know of at 5 months. couldn't get in touch with alot of others though. my parts should be done at the machine shop this thursday...then i should begin building.

v

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.