Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i am going to rebuild my h23 for turbo!!! Going to run decent psi, around 10 area give or take!! :) WEll my question is, i am resleaving my cylinders like i was told, and going to get new pistons!! Should i get new rods to? And can i use my old cams and just buy new valve train (except cams), they look brand new!!

Thankx

·
Registered
330 Posts
LOL dude the first thing to go is the rods not the pistons. i would get new rods, pistons, rings... resleeve all at the same time. then once u break it in u can run about 14-15 street psi if your fuel is right. my friend is running 17 at the track. same motor as ours. my kit should be here shortly (Drag are fuckers they do shit ass backwards.)

·
Registered
133 Posts
94lude said:
LOL dude the first thing to go is the rods not the pistons. i would get new rods, pistons, rings... resleeve all at the same time. then once u break it in u can run about 14-15 street psi if your fuel is right. my friend is running 17 at the track. same motor as ours. my kit should be here shortly (Drag are fuckers they do shit ass backwards.)
LOL DUDE !!!! The rods are not the first thing to go
The stock h23 rods can handle 300-350whp the stock pistons are the first thing to go they break the ringlanding on the pistons ever time

if u got it tuned right u can run 17psi on stock rod even on stock pistons but there going to break with in time so i would change the pistons

u can just get pistons,rings and get the block sleeved and the small end of the stock rod bored to fit the full floating wrist pin

·
Registered
69 Posts
I say a combination of the previous two posts is correct..You definately need to replace the pistons. But I think you need to replace the rods as well. Why go through all the hassle of redoing the block and then skimping out on the rods? I know its more expensive but it's well worth it. Not replacing the rods is just asking for trouble. What's the point of saving money to just to drive your car for a couple of months before you need to replace them anyway..Just not worth it IMO. I'm doing a full botttom end rebuild. I'm doing custom Ross pistons and then H22 eagle rods. This will nullify the low end torque the h23 is famous for but I'll be able to take the redline up to 7500 or higher. Plus Eagle rods are half the price of Crower h23 rods. I'll be boosting 15psi street and 20 on race fuel.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i run my h23 to 7800 rpms on stock rods 15+psi on 93 octane
with a t3/t04e 60trim i have not dyno yet but with my setup i think the whp should be right nice

i have seen around 450whp on stock b18c rod with arp bolts

have u ever seen any one bend or break a stock h23 rod with turbo or NA

nitrous is a diff story nitrous backfire will break anything

1 - 11 of 11 Posts