Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1993 Prelude, SI.

Im considering placing my H23A head on a F22 junkyard block, just found out I spun a bearing on my Damns H23 & I had bearly got my head back from Port & polishing it. :bash Ive done some research on the net & read that I can place my H23 head on the F22 BLOCK for more Airflow, all I would have to do is use a F23 headgasket and the H23 timing belt.
What wiring mods do I have to do to the ECU for this.

I have about a Month to do so cause I need to hurry & get this car running for SMOG INSPECTION, if I don not do the Frankenstein I Might just consider getting a JDM F22B SOHC (VTEC), I can get the whole Long block for $425 or a F20 DOHC (non vtec) for $550. If I do the swap can I still use the same ECU, i know I will probably have to alter some of the wiring, like add the VTEC wires for the F22B, but what about the F20 would I have to change any of the pins to the ECU or are they the same if they are both OBD1..

Any Comment......

Please NEED SOME help......

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
viktom701 said:
I have a 1993 Prelude, SI.

Im considering placing my H23A head on a F22 junkyard block, just found out I spun a bearing on my Damns H23 & I had bearly got my head back from Port & polishing it. :bash Ive done some research on the net & read that I can place my H23 head on the F22 BLOCK for more Airflow, all I would have to do is use a F23 headgasket and the H23 timing belt.
What wiring mods do I have to do to the ECU for this.

I have about a Month to do so cause I need to hurry & get this car running for SMOG INSPECTION, if I don not do the Frankenstein I Might just consider getting a JDM F22B SOHC (VTEC), I can get the whole Long block for $425 or a F20 DOHC (non vtec) for $550. If I do the swap can I still use the same ECU, i know I will probably have to alter some of the wiring, like add the VTEC wires for the F22B, but what about the F20 would I have to change any of the pins to the ECU or are they the same if they are both OBD1..

Any Comment......

Please NEED SOME help......
IMHO, same ECUcan be used, if it is a F series that you will be sticking with, then all that you would have to do is ( if running vtec ) is wire in the vtec...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.