Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im getting a free h23a motor from my buddy thats doing a h22a swap in his lude. i was wondering what i would need to do the swap in to my 92 civic ex (d16 vtec)

·
Registered
912 Posts
you need to get aftermarket motor mounts and axles. thats all i could think of right now. i suggest that you get hasport mounts and enjo axles.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
its a lot of extending.
i took my time to replace wires i would have to cut/extend and replaced them with the prelude wiring...took me about 9-11 hours in wiring alone. i have known people to get it done in less than 4 hours by just cut and splicing though.basically extend almost everything, add the IAB wiring, knock sensor, relocate the wires for the alternator and thats most of it there. also wire in an injector resistor box as well.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
what worlds fastest honda had an h23?

i dont know of any site that covers it all in a step by step, i recommend getting a manual fo rthe prelude and the civic and then ordering the mount kit, then follow the mount kits advice for axles...get a slim fan for your radiator.

the h23a1 is not a bad engine it just cant rev like and h22a since it has the same cruddy rod/stroke ratio as an f22...

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
it has an h22a head. the cams and rockers in it were crane pieces for the h22a not the h23..it may not have had vtec but it was still a p13 head caasting not a p14...

the h23 and h22 block are identical, if i removed the block stamp you would never know if it was a vtec or non vtec bare block.

i would hardly call an engine with na h22a crank, h22a rods, h22a pistons, h22a head, and h23 block an h23a1 though....

·
Registered
185 Posts
lol take the free engine and sell it on ebay . then us the money to get a b16,b18,ect.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
heres some links that might help you, they are based on the h22a swap, I used them when I did mine, but as stated there really isn't much of a difference b/w the h23 and h22 as far as the wiring and all that stuff...

Hybrid Civic H22a
H22a Civic

1 - 16 of 16 Posts