Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am new to forum and to hondas..a good friend had his h23a1 pulled and installed a h22a. the guy that did it cant get it to start.
What I do know is this..they swapped oil pump and put a new crank/tdc sensors in front of motor...they got spark, will start and run if spray in throttle body. noid lite test injectors very intermittent flashing. so it seems to me we got spark and timing is ok.. i am in process of removing a very poorly installed viper alarm(twisted wires and little bits of electrical tape) and getting the harness back to a more stock condition.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
pull the fuel line and check for fuel if it runs off of starter fluid then its fuel related.

I would actually do a fuel pressure test to confirm you are getting fuel and getting it at the proper pressure. I would then go to the injectors.

if they wired the viper alarm into the fuel system then that's your problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet, i am removing the alarm anyway, then if still not starting, will do fuel pressure/volume check...thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What sensors does ecm need to see for injectors?? 2001 prelude
viper alarm removed, and added 2 additional grounds from battery to engine & 2 more from engine to body..very intermittent injector pulse when using a noid lite...original harness, distributor, external coil, oil pump & a new tdc sensor from advance auto...they used injectors and intake from new motor, and motor did not have a ecu with it, so original ecu as well

also checked grounds at ecu, and grounded ecu itself as well.. injectors measured 11.2 ohms from what i have read is high impedance injectors which should be used on the original 01 lude??

·
Registered
823 Posts
Yes, high impedance aka saturated injectors should be use on OBD2 cars which would be that 97-01 Preludes. So you're correct.

I believe the injectors goes straight to the ECU IIRC. Can't remember much, especially on OBD2 cars. I have to look at the wiring diagram. Then the ECU uses the ECT sensor and others to determine fuel mixture.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
now that you have the alarm out why don't you do a quick test. have someone try to start the car while you spray starting fluid into the intake. if it starts, fuel is your issue, if it doesn't, spark is your issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What sensors does ecm need to see for injectors?? 2001 prelude
viper alarm removed, and added 2 additional grounds from battery to engine & 2 more from engine to body..very intermittent injector pulse when using a noid lite...original harness, distributor, external coil, oil pump & a new tdc sensor from advance auto...they used injectors and intake from new motor, and motor did not have a ecu with it, so original ecu as well

also checked grounds at ecu, and grounded ecu itself as well.. injectors measured 11.2 ohms from what i have read is high impedance injectors which should be used on the original 01 lude??
the ecu for the car...he did not get an ecu with new motor

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ECU that came with the car is a p5p so if i understand correctly, that ecu should also work with new motor??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I have a bad crank/tdc sensor, I believe there should be some resistance measuring between both terminals thru the sensor(I am showing open on both),pin 1(green) to pin 2(red) for tdc & pin 3(blue) to pin 4(white) for crank. but due to my lack of experience with imports I am not sure. as stated above someone else put in a brand new(advance auto) ckp/tdc sensor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts