Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys do you know if there's a possibility to hack speedometer?? I mean like if you are going at 100 mph... and when the cops try to see how fast are you going your speedometer will say a different speed so you can't get a ticket :D ..
or any other method?? hehehhe thanks
!! :clap

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
They dont care if its wrong. Thats why the wont pull you over for 5-10 over the limit, so if its a little off, no big deal. If youre going 105 in a 35, they could care less if your speedometer is working. Theyll probably laugh at you when you try to use that excuse, and tack on an extra "wreckless driving" with the speeding charge.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
hey guys, i was about to make a new thread, but since this is already on the subject, i was wondering, does anyone have a pin out of the plugs that go behind the gauge cluster? specifically, the tach and speedo.
gouken, technically that is possible, if i get the answer for^^, then you can wire up a potentiometer to the back and will lower the voltage input, making your speedo read lower. its pointless since cops use radars to determine your speed. but i wanted the pin out of the tach and speedo for a little diy i might try to do. hint: its based on a wrx :D
quikflip

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
imagine how dumb you sound when you say your car "says" 50mph when you're passing people like they're parked at 100.

doesn't matter, slow the fuck down..save a life or two, including yours

cops don't care what your speedo says, it's not like you could replay the speedo for them. your car gets clocked at 100, you're doing 100

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
yeah its not hard to fuck up your speedo i did it in my hatch by accident and its like 15 mph ahead then what it really is and the car idles at 0 rpms just take it apart and move the needles. even though there really isnt anypoint to doing that because its really pointless like every one said cops dont care what ure speedo says i meen hell your speedo doesnt even have to work. IS THIS A REAL QUESTION OR WHAT???????????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.