Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
with a grinder and a welder and some cash anything is possible. you might also need some custom radiator hoses.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
there's enough room for a decent sized turbo already. if you're running turbo, you'll want to keep your stock radiator size and not go smaller....cuz if you go smaller, you'd have to go thicker to maintain the same efficiency.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well you guys are right about not needing half size radiator. The problem I am running into is that I had to remove the radiator fan from the driver side to make room for turbo. It won't fit in there. The turbine is only 2-3" away from radiator which sucks. The passanger side is fine.

So I was thinking if I can get half size radiator I will put it on the passanger side clearing the turbo.

Right now I only have one fan. There is no way for me to put the fan on the front side because of all the A/C lines and small cooling radiator typ pipes. Unless I remove them all. If I put the fan inside it will either hit the turbo or get boiled. I can't spend $300 or so on new radiator. I was thinking if Civic has a small stock radiator that might work? I have never seen how big is civic radiator.

I am also leaving the A/C compressor out making room for intercooler pipe. Bringing the pipe from turbo to intercooler is a pain on 4th gen accords. Very tight bends.

Hey guys I need advice on piping. I bought the straight aluminum pipes for intercooler but the muffler shop guy say he can't bend them, "they'll just go flat".

How do these people bend these pipes with perfect rounds??
Is there anyway to Do it yourself?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
will a slim fan fit? i got 10 and 12" slim fans. turbo was touching the stock radiator fan.

most slim fans can be setup to be a pusher or puller type depending on how you wire them up (polarity). so you can put one infront of the radiator and wire it up to be a 'pusher' fan.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How much $$ shipped to Ohio 44601??

bonestock94 said:
will a slim fan fit? i got 10 and 12" slim fans. turbo was touching the stock radiator fan.

most slim fans can be setup to be a pusher or puller type depending on how you wire them up (polarity). so you can put one infront of the radiator and wire it up to be a 'pusher' fan.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought a Civic radiator. I am also relocating the battery to the trunk. Another reason I wanted Half radiator because my turbo housing touches the radiator hose and cooks everything. The cold side not the exhaust. I am using the Max-Rev manifold so it makes the turbo sit really high. I am still waiting on the I.B H-beam rods. I will post pictures as soon I get them this week.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok then, I am all set. I am not putting the A/C back on so I don't need the other fan. Since I also bough the half size radiator I will be all set now. I can't wait to finish my car.

Thanks guys for help.

I will post results of how well Civic radiator holds up in Accord and how much room one can save.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.