Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets talk about Halo 3 here or anything Halo. Likes and dislikes what you want and don't want to see in the game.

Halo 3

Release Date : 2007
Platform : Xbox 360
Players : TBA
Online Enabled : Yes (Xbox Live)
Type : First Person Shooter
Publisher : Microsoft Game Studios

Bungie's Official Halo 3 Website

Halo 3 Trailer

Windows Media (Small) = 20.8 MB
Windows Media (Large) = 97.8 MB
Quicktime (Small) = 13.5 MB
Quicktime (Large) = 150.4 MB

Halo 3 is the third game in the Halo Trilogy and will provide the thrilling conclusion to the events begun in Halo: Combat Evolved. Halo 3 was first revealed at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles on May 6th, 2006. Halo 3 will be available for Xbox 360 in 2007.

Halo 3 will pick up where Halo 2 left off. The Master Chief is returning to Earth to finish the fight. The Covenant occupation of Earth has uncovered a massive and ancient object beneath the African sands - an object who's secrets have yet to be revealed. Earth's forces are battered and beaten.

The Master Chief's AI companion Cortana is still trapped in the clutches of the Gravemind - a horrifying Flood intelligence, and a civil war is raging in the heart of the Covenant. This is how the world ends...

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'm expecting it to be awesome and I'm sure it will end up exceeding my expectations just like 1 and 2 did. A final, massive battle with the Covenent on Earth was what I was hoping for in Halo 2 but obviously they were saving that for 3...

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JDM HB SI said:
I didn't like being the alien thats just my opinion I rather play as Master Chief through out the hole game to me it wasn't that fun being the Alien.
Yea I thought it sucked too. It just broke up the story for me.

·
Registered
643 Posts
JDM HB SI said:
I didn't like being the alien thats just my opinion I rather play as Master Chief through out the hole game to me it wasn't that fun being the Alien.
ProspeedCTR said:
Yea I thought it sucked too. It just broke up the story for me.
Agreed. I would have rather been the Master Chief the whole time. I think a lot of people felt this way. I remember that was one of the few complaints I heard from several people about Halo 2 when it first came out.
It's cool that they tried to add some variety to the gameplay, and the parallel story lines were interesting but I don't want to play as a bad guy AND a good guy, I want to be one OR the other. Yeah I know technically the Covenent and the humans were both trying to fight The Flood, and something about "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" but you know what I mean...
Maybe a separate spin-off game where you play as a Covenant and let the Master Chief be the main playable character for the Halo games...

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Less aliens period.

I know that Halo has a sci-fi theme to it but damn I just flat out hate fighting aliens in games in general. I have yet to play single player on the original Halo and in 2 because I hate aliens!!! Kinda like in the original Turok games on the N64. The game was amazing when you fought against dinosaurs and humans but when it got to the end all you fight were gay ass aliens.

human + outdoor and urban environments > alien + space ship futuristic crap

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What does everyone think of "Geo Mod" (blowing holes in walls like on Red Faction for PS2)? I would like to see more of it in Halo 3.

(this is from red faction)

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
210rida said:
Gears of War
Lost Planet
Oblivion
Fight Night
Street Fighter 2
PLEASE don't forget about Condemned: Criminal Origins......One of the scariest games EVER!!!

·
Registered
643 Posts
ProspeedCTR said:
What does everyone think of "Geo Mod" (blowing holes in walls like on Red Faction for PS2)? I would like to see more of it in Halo 3.

(this is from red faction)
I think it is pretty cool. The game Full Auto is a good example of what is possible (and what can be done in the future) with the 360 using the Geo Mod technology. At times when the action gets intense, the environment is litterally falling to pieces all around you. I think it's really cool when it's done well.
As far as Red Faction, I had the game for Xbox and I didn't really like it a whole lot, but the Geo Mod aspect was really cool.

ProspeedCTR said:
PLEASE don't forget about Condemned: Criminal Origins......One of the scariest games EVER!!!
That game is so sweet! Scary as a hell and a lot of fun to play. That game is so creepy and there are moments in each level that made me jump. :eek

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.