Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone currently using it? The only one person I know that tried it said he didn't trust it because it fit too tight. He still had one unused and showed me. The filter is pretty much the same size as the stock oem blue filter. The problem was that when he put it on, rather than getting tighter after the base touched, it just stopped turning with in 1/4 or less turn. He told me that the little stuby metal piece inside the filter in the middle(not sure what it's called) is actualy longer than the oem one. So it seems that the little stuby piece inside the filter and the mounting stem on the engine block is making contact. Not letting it tighten correctly. Now won't this some what block oil passage if the stem on the block is in contact with that stub in the filter?
I hope this all makes sense to you all. The only thing I could come up with is that those filters are not ment to be used on H22 block.

So my other question will be. Is the mounting stems on the civic, integra and preludes the same length?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
I used an OEM S200 filter, which is supposed to be the same exact thing as the HAMP filter (someone cut both filters open and they were identical). I didn't notice any fittment issues, but I'm going to do an oil change this weekend and I'll let you know if there is an issue.

·
Registered
255 Posts
ive gotta hamp... not a single prob. its almost been on for 1500miles now. its def smaller than the one i had on there but i didnt have a problem screwing it on.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem was'nt screwing it on, it was tighten it. It should be 1/2 or 3/4 turn after contact right? Even after that you can still keep turning it. Well I tried it today myself when he changed the oil and yes, it does stop turning right about a 1/4 turn later. And I don't know of any filter that stops turning that soon.

·
Registered
255 Posts
this may sound bad on my part but i just hand tightened it as much as possible then gave it a small rotation w/ the oil filter wrench (not sure about the rotation). but like i said i havnt had a problem w/ leekage or anything.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
904lude said:
this may sound bad on my part but i just hand tightened it as much as possible then gave it a small rotation w/ the oil filter wrench (not sure about the rotation). but like i said i havnt had a problem w/ leekage or anything.
you dont even need a wrench to tighten an oil filter. hand tight is just right. :tu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts